Chapter 88

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," you told Steven, watching as Kevin drove off. Steven shook his head, looking at you with a sad smile.

"Connie's going to be there, I have to go," he replied.

"Can't you see that Kevin is obviously using the both of you so that he can have Stevonnie at his party!" you yelled, Steven refused to listen.

[x]

Steven had left to the party almost a half hour ago, leaving you and the gems home alone. You insisted on going too, but Steven didn't allow it.

For now, you sat in the living room, worrying about Steven. For all you know Kevin could be hurting them, or maybe he could be doing worse.

"Are you doing alright, love?" Garnet asked you, taking a seat next to you.

You nodded, not saying a word. Garnet noticed this and gave you a worried look.

"What's the matter? I know something's wrong," she mumbled, lifting your chin so you could face her.

You directed your eye contact somewhere else, making Garnet mumble something else to herself.

Garnet released her hand from your face, and flashed into a blur of blue and red. In an instant, Ruby and Sapphire appeared before you, the two holding hands as they smiled up at you.

"Ruby! Sapphire!" you screamed, looking down at the two fluorescent gems.

The two tackled you into a hug, fits of loving laughter filling the room.

"What's wrong, darling? Ruby and I could feel a strong imbalance within yourself," Sapphire softly spoke.

You let out an exhausted sigh, and looked the two gems. "It's just, Steven went to this party with a really, really bad guy who I think might try to do something bad to him!" you quickly let out in a single breath.

"We have to go save him!" Ruby yelled out, her small legs jumping off the ground. You giggled at this, it was one of the many things you loved about her.

"Steven will be fine," Sapphire said softly, "if I had sensed that something were to go wrong I, we, wouldn't have permitted him to go in the first place."

Sapphire's words brough you an unimaginable amount of peace. You fell onto the couch, letting out the longest sigh you've ever let out before. 

"Everything's gonna be okay, baby!" Ruby soothed, giving you a quick kiss on the cheek. Her kiss left a small burn mark, but you didn't mind it.

Sapphire kissed your other cheek, small bits of snow scattering the side she kissed.

You then kissed the two gems in return. First Ruby then Sapphire. That way you could cool your burning lips.

"What would I do without you?" you laughed, embracing the both of them in a tight hug. You felt their forms morph into one, and Garnet began to hug you even tighter. Her strong arms soothing you to sleep.

"Sleep, love, Steven will be home soon." she whispered.

Sleepiness took over your body, and as your eyes shut you saw the most angelic face in the entire universe.

******
I AM SOOOO VERY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG. I honestly really needed a break from everything, thank you to those of you who have stuck around, and those of you who are new. I'll try to be updating as much as possible, especially with the new secrets we've uncovered!  Love you all!!!!