Chapter. 27

"Hey, lil' man and lil' kiddo!" Amethyst exclaimed. She jumped onto you and Steven's stomachs, making you jump up in pain, and surprise.
"Amethyst!" you and Steven yelled at her, the pain growing.
"Sorry, kiddos. Guess I just don't know my own strength." Amethyst replied, winking at the both of you. She then flexed her arms, shape-shifting large muscles onto her arms.
"Anyways, happy 14th birthday, nerds."

When Amethyst left, you and Steven began to giggle. Your giggles then turned into fits of laughter. Then, a psychotic laugh erupted from the both of you.
"Erm, (y/n)? Steven?" you heard the voice of the one and only (despite, there being hundreds on homeworld) Pearl!
"Oh, h-hey, Pearl." you said, trying to stop your incessant laughter.
"Hello, (y/n) and Steven. I just came to wish the both of you an extremely jovial: happy 14th birthday!" Pearl happily exclaimed. Her face had a gigantic smile and she embraced the both of you in a tight hug.
"Thank you, Pearl." you happily said in reply, melting into her hug. Pearl pulled away and looked at the both of you.
"I'm going back to the temple to fix the both of you a special birthday breakfast!" she exclaimed. Pearl looked very excited for today. Maybe, it was because nobody had to work as much?
"Pearl, thank you so much! Although, you don't really have to do all of this for us." you told the pale gem.
"No no my dear, (y/n). I want to do this. You two are very special to me and I want to show just how much you two mean to me."
Pearl replied. You gave a big smile before walking over to Pearl and embracing her in a tight hug which she gladly returned. The two of you hugged for a while.
"I love you, Pearl..." you said in a whispered voice. Despite Pearl being much taller than you, you could see the tears bubbling up in her eyes.
"I-I love you too.." Pearl said with a sniffle.
"Alright, let's go! Time to get ready!" Garnet yelled, strongly opening the barn door. Almost like she was... angry? Why would Garnet be angry?
"O-oh... yes, of course..." Pearl replied, wiping away some stray tears. She sounded disappointed? Oh my stars, what's going on today?!
"Steven, (y/n)... I suggest you two get dressed for the day." Garnet said, walking out. Her hands were in balls of fists.

(I woke up early and decided to update. I had a dream that on my first day of high school Dora was my Spanish teacher....)