Chapter 78

Steven's POV
I'm so worried. All of my friends are missing. Connie hasn't been answering her phone. (Y/n) hasn't been answering their phone either. Where could they be? The last I saw them was when I saw that little blue gem looking for her dad. "Any word from (Y/n)?" Garnet asked me. I shook my head no, and she looked away with a glint of sadness. "I'm really worried about them," Amethyst started. "So am I. They aren't the type to just disappear without any type of indication." Pearl finished, pacing around the room. I sighed in annoyance, throwing myself onto the couch.

My phone suddenly rang, it's Connie! I quickly answered the phone, my heart racing at a million miles per second. "Connie! Connie where are you,
I-" "Steven!" multiple voices yelled at once. I was startled for a second, and quickly placed my phone on speaker so the gems could hear. They gathered, and (Y/n)'s voice rang through the speaker. "Steven! It's (Y/n)! There's this little blue gem, Aquamarine. She's taken us! Her and this other yellow gem, she's big! Her name is Topaz, I think!" (Y/n) talked at such a quick rate, their voice breathy and quivering. "W-Where are you?!" I nervously asked. "I think we're heading to the boardwalk!" they yelled, their voice cracking. "Okay! The gems and I wi-" "Steven, wait! I think it's a-" "Hey! Who are you talking to?!" an unfamiliar voice yelled through the phone. The call went dead, and I felt my body fill with dread. I slowly placed my phone back into my pocket, trying to register what I just heard. Then it hit me. "We need to get going before it's too late!" I yelled, the gems and I running out of the house

Regular POV
You were terrified. There were two gems who were threatening to take you to homeworld with them, and you had no choice to fight, you were stuck from the waist down. "Please! I'll do whatever you want if you just let them go!" Steven pleaded, the rest of them gems behind him, ready to fight at any moment. "Hmm, you see, that won't work. I was informed by the Peridot of these creatures, so it is therefore my duty to bring them back with me. Aquamarine spoke, the obvious sass in her voice angering you. "Take me instead," Steven spoke. You gasped, and Aquamarine began weighing out her options. "You're willing to give up yourself up for the freedom of these mere humans?" she laughed. Steven nodded his head in confirmation. "Steven, no! Don't do it she-" "quiet, you!" Aquamarine shouted, making her wand appear from her bow. "Just let them go and I'll leave with you. No struggle. Just please, let them go." Steven pleaded, walking towards the ship. "Very well then. Topaz, release the prisoners." Aquamarine ordered, snapping her fingers. You fell to the floor, and wasted no time in running over to Steven. "Steven I can't let you do this!" you yelled, grabbing onto his shoulders. "It's okay, I know what I'm doing," he replied with a smile. "No you don't! She isn't just taking you with her, she's taking you to the diamonds, Steven! They're going to kill you, they're going to shatter you! I can't let you do this!" you screamed, digging your nails into his shoulders as tears fell from your eyes. Garnet pulled you to her from behind, her arms tight around you as Steven got aboard the ship. "Steven! Steven no!" you yelled, thrashing around in Garnet's grasp. "Let's hurry up," Aquamarine sighed, "this is quite pathetic,"
As the ship prepared to take off, one-by-one the gems began to pile on, trying to pull it down. You sat on the cold concrete, tears flowing from your eyes as you watched your best friend fly off into to space, to maybe never be seen again.