Chapter. 38

"Lapis...?" you whispered, slowly walking into the barn.
"(Y/n)...?" Lapis questioned, walking over to you.
"You're okay!" you happily yelled, running over to her, and giving her a tight hug. Lapis giggled and hugged you back.
"Lapis, were you trying to leave?" you asked, looking up at her. Lapis looked away from your gaze, ashamed.
"Yes," she replied "but, only because whenever I'm around it's under bad circumstances. I don't want anything bad happening to you or Steven..." Lapis looked down at the ground with a small smile.
"You know, you don't have to go. You can stay here. You can live with me and Steven and the other gems!" you exclaimed, hoping Lapis would consider.
"I wish I could..." Lapis mummbled, making her wings come out of her gem.
"Goodbye, (y/n)."
"Goodbye, Lapis."

Lapis and Steven has left to go find Lapis somewhere to live. Now that the cluster was destroyed you figured that all of you could relax. At least, until something bad happened. Which, hopefully doesn't happen for a while.
"You alright?" Amethyst asked, walking into the barn.
"I'm good. Just worried about Steven and Lapis." you replied.
"Oh. Well, Garnet has been looking for you~" Amethyst teased, giving you a wink then walking off.

When Lapis and Steven had finally returned they both had happy looks on their faces. Which, you assumed meant that they found Lapis somewhere to stay.
"How did it go?" you asked them.
"Lapis is going to be staying with us!" Steven cheered. You smiled widely
"Wait, really?!" you happily yelled, hugging Lapis.
"Yep. I'm staying right here."
"Here, here?" you asked.
"Here, here!" Lapis happily said in reply.
"Yes! Here, here!" You heard Peridot add in.
"You?!" Lapis yelled, breaking the hug.
"What are you doing here?!" Lapis yelled at Peridot.
"I live here." Peridot replied.
"No, I live here!" Lapis yelled in reply
"Right Steven?" Lapis asked. Steven made a nervous look and beads of sweat came down his face. He wasn't sure how to reply.