Chapter. 7

"S-Steven...?" you questioned, backing away slowly.
"How's it feel, Steven? Connie..? Stevonnie!" Amethyst exclaimed.
"Steven! Unfuse this-"
Garnet stopped Pearl and slowly walked towards the two.
"Stevonnie, you are not two people, and you are not one person. You are an experience! Make sure it's a good experience. Now. Go. Have. Fun!" Garnet encouraged.
"What?!" you and Pearl yelled in unison. Garnet had made up her mind, and they quickly left.
"How?! You told me that only gems could fuse!" you yelled.
"Calm down, it probably has something to do with Ste-man bein' part-gem... If I didn't know any better I'd say somebody is jealous!" Amethyst teased, sticking her tongue out towards you.
"I am not not jealous!" you angrily denied, crossing your arms over your chest.
Garnet began to chuckle. Followed by Amethyst.
Then Pearl.
"Whatever... I'm gonna find them." you said, slipping on a coat since it was windy and a bit cold.
----------------
"They seem so... perfect..." you whispered in envy as you watched Stevonnie at the dance party. The two danced around lime nobody was watching, and were in perfect harmony with one another.
"That's fusion..." Garnet said from behind you.
"Garnet?!" you exclaimed, turning to face her.
"They're perfect for each other... They're one of the not-so-many perfect fusions. They're stable." Garnet explained.
"Why can't I fuse?" you asked, looking up at Garnet.
"You aren't a gem"
"Neither is Connie!" you yelled back.
"It might have something to do with Steven being half-gem, half-human." Garnet replied.
"I wanna fuse..." you mumbled.
"One day... one day you will. You'll find someone perfect for you, and you'll fuse with them... I promise,"
"I wanna fuse now! Like that!" You pointed towards them, but when you looked over at the two, they had unfused, and a teenage boy nervously shuffled away.
"That's fusion." Garnet said before walking back to the temple.