Chapter. 72

Steven had gone on a trip with his father, Greg, so that they could find out the source of Steven's pool of tears that occured every so often. The two invited you to tag along with them, but you knew after all the stress this magical-adventure-stuff has put on Greg he needed some time alone with his son.
You sat in the living room, watching some TV with Pearl and Amethyst next to you, both doing their own thing. The warp pad suddenly lit up, revealing Steven and Garnet. The two with panicked expressions. "Steven, Garnet! You're back!" you happily exclaimed, going over to embrace them. Steven had his face in his hands, his eyes wide "Steven, are yo-" "we have to catch up to her!" Steven suddenly yelled, making you jump. "Who?" Amethyst inquired, you all gathered around Steven and Garnet. "Blue Diamond." Garnet said, her expression indiscernible. "Blue Diamond?! Holy smokes, they're all coming outta the woodwork!" "Amethyst, turn into a chair I need to sit down..." Pearl said, her persona discombobulated. She gripped onto Amethyst, her eyes wide. "She took dad! She alien-abducted him and it's all my fa-" "I knew I should've gone with the two of you! What was I thinking?! How could I let my best friend and father figure go on a dangerous quest alone?!" you scolded to yourself. "Why would Blue Diamond want a human?" Pearl asked herself, placing her slim hand on her temple. "The zoo." Garnet replied, a change of feeling in her voice. "No.." was all Pearl was manage to get out, the power of the word weak and breathy.  Everyone went deep into thought, contemplating what they should do. Then it hit you.

"The calibrations aren't properly programmed, but if you give me some time I ca-" "we don't have time! Can it fly or not? We need to leave now!" Steven interrupted Peridot in the middle of her proclamation. This caused Peridot to grow a bit grumpy. "Oh, it'll fly alright. But the thing is-" "then let's go! We don't have time for any of this!" Steven was frantic, he pushed you Garnet Pearl and Amethyst onto the ship without a second thought. Pearl launched the ship into space. Now you were on anew quest, a quest to save Greg, no matter the price.

After some unintentional turbulence, you all arrived at the human zoo 75 years ahead of schedule. When you all arrived it dawned upon you that you had no idea what your plan was! "I'm so ignorant!" Pearl yelled, "what did I expect? For them to let a renegade pearl, a fusion, an overcooked Quartz, and two humans waltz right in and just get Greg?!" "don't worry Pearl, I'm sure we can think of something. We just need to think!" you replied, trying your best to stay optimistic. But in reality, you were scared. You were scared of homeworld, scared of the other gems, scared of what torment Greg might be going through. You looked up, a bright light flashing on your face. You looked up, then down at the two new additions to the team. Ruby and Sapphire. "Sweeties!" you yelled, hugging the two of them tightly. You all embraced in a warm and well-deserved hug. Immediately after Sapphire explained her plan. "Alright, I'm going to be a Sapphire accompanied by my ruby and Amethyst guards. Pearl, I'm sorry, but you're going to be my pearl. Steven and (y/n), the two of you are going to be humans that I brought as commodities for the zoo. You all nodded, knowing what rolls you were to play. "Sapph, is this actually going to work?" you asked, skeptical. "No. But it's worth a shot!"