Chapter. 8

It was summer vacation according to Connie. You and Steven had a year-round summer vacation since you didn't go to school. The gems assumed that what they were teaching you was all you needed to know, but they were dead wrong.
"Pearl! I wanna go to school!" Steven exclaimed. He'd been whining about it for several days now.
"Steven! If you wanted to get a proper education you could've just told me!" Pearl exclaimed.
Pearl quickly began setting up a 'school' for Steven. Steven rejoiced, running around in erratic circles.
"C'mon, (y/n)! You're coming to school with me!" Steven yelled, pulling you along.
"I'm doing what?!" you yelled.
"I'll explain when we get home!" Steven yelled back.

Pearl handed the two of you a mirror that she claimed could show you anything. Yet, it wouldn't show you the Galaxy Warp.
"Does that mean school's out for summer?!" Steven happily asked, stars in his eyes.
"Uhm... sure?" Pearl said in reply, her tone unsure. Steven happily jumped up and ran out the door, leaving you behind.
"Steven!" you exclaimed, quickly running after him.
"Hurry up, (y/n)!" Steven yelled back.

"Watch it. Steven!" the mirror suddenly spoke out in mixed dialogue from the days previous events.
"Nooooo!" Steven yelled, covering himself.
"Universe, get out of the way!" Mayor Dewey obnoxiously yelled at Steven, honking his horn.
"Why are you driving on the boardwalk in the first place!" you yelled at the mayor.
"Because I can." was all he said before getting back into his cheap looking van.
"I hate him..." you mumbled, but
Steven was too focused with the fact that the mirror spoke than he was with paying attention to the fact he almost was hit with someone's van!
"Steven! You need to pay atten- aaand you're not even listening are you?"
"Huh?"
"Yeah, I figured you weren't..."

"Steven, give me the mirror..." Garnet slowly said, reaching for the mirror.
Nooooo!" the mirror yelled, mimicking Steven's voice.
"I-It doesn't wanna go with you!" Steven yelled at Garnet.
"Its a mirror. It can't want anything!" Garnet replied to Steven. The mirror continuously pleaded for Steven to help, the noise beginning to agitate you. Steven stressed out and smacked Garnet away, knocking off her glasses, and showing her enraged face.
"I'm so sorry!" Steven yelled, running out the door.
"That little boy, is in big trouble" Garnet said, putting on her shades and walking after him.
"Garnet! He didn't know what he was doing!" Pearl yelled, running after her.
"Don't kill Steven!" you and Amethyst added, trailing behind Pearl.

As you ran down the steps you noticed a petite looking blue gem forming by the beach shore. From what you could tell her gem was cracked.
"I am Lapis Lazuli!" you heard the gem exclaim. You ran down to the beach and looked at her intensely.
"You were in the mirror?" you asked.
"Yes. Steven, (Y/n), come with me... your friends aren't who they say they are," Lapis said, parting the water. Steven backed away slowly, lightly shaking his head. Lapis looked over at you, and you slowly walked towards her. You walked into the water, Lapis behind you.
"Get away from her!" Garnet exclaimed grabbing you and pulling you back onto the sand behind her. Lapis scoffed and quickly disappeared into the ocean.
"Lapis, wait!" you yelled. You ran into the water and began splashing around, looking for Lapis.
"What do you think you're doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Garnet yelled, pulling you out of the water, and back onto the sand.
"What did she mean when she said you aren't who you say you are?!"