Chapter 1

I was awoken to the sound of my father's screaming.

"Lucille get down here now!"

I rolled myself out of bed and slumbered down the stairs. I felt like a zombie.

My father was waiting for me along with my sister.

"Why are you not dressed" my father said growling.

"Dressed for what" I asked tiredly.

"DRESSED FOR THE MATING CEREMONY!" my father roared.

"Oh yeah that well I decided I wanted to stay in bed. Not feeling up to it this year" I said.

"GO AND GET DRESSED NOW"

I wandered back upstairs, deliberately taking my time. I hated these things. The mating ceremony was a social event where wolves would come from across the country to meet their mate. Wolves ranging from age 18 - 25, who were unmated, were required to attend and unfortunately I had turned 18 just two days ago. Even more unfortunate was that it was my pack's turn to host this year.

My wardrobe was a mess. My whole bedroom was a mess. Doritos packets littered the room along with McDonalds boxes and I think there was a Starbucks somewhere.

"OMG Lucille you were asked to tidy your room last week"

I turned to face Eleanor, my sister, who was standing in the doorway gaping at the state of my room.

"I forgot" was my excuse.

Eleanor grabbed my arm and dragged me to her room which was pristine in every way.

"You can get ready in here" she said.

"What about my clothes?"

"Use mine, it's not like you own anything nice anyway"

At times it was hard to believe that we were sisters. My sister had dark brown hair which hung in waves down her shoulder. She had smooth curves and an amazing figure. She was nice, calm and collected like my mother. Me? I was nothing like anyone in my family which makes me believe that I am adopted until I realise that wolves don't adopt. Ever. I had ginger hair which was always in a ponytail. I guess I could have amazing hair like my sister if I bothered with it but I found that my hair was simply too much maintenance.

My sister always had amazing skin and her makeup was perfect. I never wore makeup and never bothered with my skin so my face had red blotches. My figure had managed to stay the same due to wolves having a very high metabolism. My sister was active and social and known very well within the community. I was lazy and unsociable. The only thing we had in common was an unusually high intelligence. But even then, my sister embraced hers while I wasted mine.

I jumped on her bed and laid down. Her bed was so comfy. I could almost fall asleep.

"Lucille GET DRESSED NOW!"

I ignored my father and lay on the bed. I didn't care about this stupid mating thing. Eleanor had already attracted Beta Matthews. That was enough romance in our family.

Suddenly Eleanor appeared in the doorway.

"What are we going to do about you Lucille?"

Hey thank you for judging this book worthy to be of your reading time.

I would appreciate it if you could check out my book The Alpha's Troublemaker when you have the chance. I would love to know your thoughts.

Happy Reading!

~ Jess