Chapter 5

I went around to the back of the house and climbed off the fence. I climbed the tree leading to my treehouse. It had long been neglected and was almost covered by plants. I pushed open the door and climbed inside letting the door drop behind me.

I had prepared for this moment. The moment when my father would kick me out. Which is why I had been conserving resources up in the treehouse. I had shelves of food that wouldn't go off for years. The treehouse was still sheltered enough to protect me from the weather. I had even dragged a mattress out the attic and put it up here with some covers and blankets. In one bag was reserve clothes and stashed in the secret pocket was nearly $500. I had a portable phone charger as well. It felt good being prepared.

I pushed some branches apart and looked through the window. Through this I could see into the kitchen, the living room and mine and Eleanor's bedroom. Through the living room I could see our Alpha. He looked to be congratulating my father and Eleanor. Eleanor was so happy. I don't think I had ever seen her that happy.

I retracted away and sat against the wall. I had kept a few books up here. I grabbed one and opened it up. It was a fairy tales book that my mother had bought for me. I smiled as I read some of the stories. There were fairies, goblins, brownies. It was my favourite book.

I heard a shuffling and then footsteps begin to climb the tree. I tiptoed to the end of the treehouse and hid under an old blanket.

Then someone was in the treehouse. A small giggle rang out and I knew immediately it was Eleanor. Then a very suggestive moan rang out that belonged to the Beta. I heard them jump onto the mattress and start to get intimate. Suddenly the blanket was pulled off me. I closed my eyes and waited to be caught but all I heard was more moaning. I looked up to see clothes strewn around the treehouse and a lump of two figures under the blanket.

My exit was blocked so I used the window to climb out very slowly. I heard a female gasp and I threw up in my mouth. My father appeared in the kitchen window and I stopped climbing. If I climbed any further than he would see me but if I climbed back up then they would hear me. I sat on a branch while I waited for my father to move. I could hear my sister getting it on and I physically had to tilt my head back to stop myself from throwing up.

Finally my father disappeared and I began to climb down. Suddenly something banged against the treehouse and the whole tree shook and then I was falling quickly.