Chapter 15

"What about Alex" said Eleanor looking worried.

"He's the leader of the government pack. He will be fine"

By the look of concern my sister had she never thought so. To change the subject I grabbed the small shoulder bag that contained my reserve set of clothes. I reached into the side pocket and pulled out $250 and handed it over to my sister.

"A wedding gift" I said when I saw her look of complete shock.

"Thanks lil sis" she said, giving me a hug.

I grabbed the fairytale book and was about to place it in my bag when I noticed Eleanor gazing at it.

"Here" I said, handing it over. "You keep it"

My sister nodded no and tried to hand it back to me. "Everything mother gave you, you lost in the fire. You take it I know the stories off by heart" I said shoving it back into her hands.

Tears pricked the corner of my sister's eyes. She reached out and gave me a hug.

"I love you Eleanor" I said while trying to hold back tears of my own.

"I love you Lucille" she said. "You will always be the Lucifer of the family"

I choked on tears and laughter. "And don't you forget it"

Then I had a lightening bulb idea. I grabbed the old stereo from a box and pulled out a CD. I shoved it in and skipped until I found track 17.

Automatically the sounds of Taylor Swift filled the treehouse.

"How about one last sing song?" I asked.

Eleanor grabbed my hands and began to twirl me around the treehouse like she used to do when we were little.

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger and it's so quiet in the world tonight" sung Eleanor.

"Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming" I sung.

"So I tuck you in turn on your favourite nightlight" - Eleanor

"To you everything's funny" - Eleanor

"You've got nothing to regret" - Me

We smiled and began to sing, twisting and spinning around each other, laughing like we used to do when we were little.

"Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up just stay this little" we sang in unison.

We sang the whole chorus together. My mind recalled all those summer times when we were in the garden. The stereo would be on full blast. Me and Eleanor would be wearing matching summer dresses. She'd have her hair down and in curly waves. Mine would be in two plaits. We'd be spinning around the garden singing. Mother would watch us from the kitchen window whilst making lemonade. Father would come in on his lunch break and kiss her on the neck. He would take a glass of lemonade and down it. My mother would always smile and tap his hand. Then father and mother would watch us singing together. Sometimes we sung all day.

"Just never grow up"

Then the song was over. Wedding bells rung out letting us know that the wedding day was nearly over which meant it was time for me to leave.

Together we climbed down the treehouse and hugged goodbye but we weren't alone. A male and threatening voice rang out.

"Hello girls"