Chapter 35

Lacey ushered me into a seat at Cassie's dressing table. 

"What's the big surprise?" I asked her for what had been the 100th time. 

"You'll see now shush"

Lacey took my wet hair, them having shoved me into a bath earlier, and began to blow dry it. While she would dry, Cassie would brush. Despite them covering the mirror over I could feel how silky smooth my hair felt and the smell of cherries and apples filled my nose. It smelt special. Suddenley there was a hard tug at my hair. 

"OW!"

"Sorry" mumbled Lacey.  "Just trying to get it up"

I stayed silent over the next half hour as Lacey began to style my hair into a braided crown. I didn't moan or complain when her fingers scratched my head even though it hurt my head. I giggled as Cassie grabbed my hand and began dabbing crimson red nail varnish onto my nails, stopping after each nail to add a small silver bow. Just as Cassie had finished delicately placing the last silver bow onto dry, Lacey had finished my hair. Next thing to do was my makeup. Over the course of the next hour I was blantly following commands from Cassie and Lacey. 'Look up' 'Look down' 'Stop squirming or I'll stab you in the eye'. After what felt like an eternity with my eyes closed, I heard someone take a couple of steps back. 

"Wow"

I opened my eyes to find that they hadn't taken the blanket off the mirror. 

"No keep your eyes shut" snapped Cassie. "It's dress time"

I was manoeuvred around the room and put on top of what I think to be a stool. I felt arms lift my arms up and a heavy weight pushed through my arms and pulled down towards the legs. I could feel the wedding dress and it felt like comfy pyjamas. Finally I felt the arms let go and the weight of the dress drop down. I was surprised by how light it was. It seemed too good to be true, like a fairytale. 

"Now sit down and keep your eyes closed"

I did what they said and felt them press my shoes onto my feet. White ballet slippers. I wouldn't have chosen anything else. No way am I even attempting to ever walk in heels for six hours. 

"Now can I open my eyes?" I asked. 

"2 minutes" chirped Lacey. 

I felt a pair of warm hands slip something cool and small around my neck while something sharp was slipped into my hair. Then I heard someone spray perfume on me. Flowery was the only way I could describe it. 

"Now you can look"

I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror. The girl staring back looked like a better polished off version of me. The small blue eyes that had hid away for so long had been brought to life and to size by daring mascara and glittery brown eye-shadow. The cute chubby cheeks that had never been touched were showing a faint blush that made me look happier and more of a woman than a girl. Finally the lips that had been neglected since forever were a deep crimson colour, obviously chosen to match my nails. I looked exactly like a bride. I looked like a Luna. My eyes widened as I noticed another pair of similar blue eyes staring into the mirror.  

"Eleanor!" I squealed. 

I whipped around and collapsed into my sister. 

"Hey watch the hair" moaned Lacey. 

I ignored her and embraced my sister. She was warm and cuddly and already in a wedding outfit. 

"Couldn't miss the wedding now could I?"

"Now do you want your big surprise?"

I turned to Cassie who was beaming from ear to ear. There was nothing else that she could give me. I had everything I wanted. 

"Do you"

I nodded. 

"Come in"

The door opened.......