Chapter 41

I grabbed my porridge and started eating it slowly. I hated the taste of porridge now after having it every day for months but day by day I grew accustomed to it.

I was just about finished eating when my door was opened. A young looking man entered with small facial hair. He came and sat down on my bed facing me and smiling.

"I'm Liam, do you remember me?"

I didnt know how to react. For months I had no social contact and my mind link had stopped working. I was convinced I was now human despite something like this never happening before.

I bit my lip and stared at him. I had nothing to say.

He chuckled at my silence.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you, I just want to talk"

I put my porridge down next to me and placed my hands in my lap, nervously intertwining my fingers together.

"You're probably wondering why now after such a long time"

In truth I had abandoned all the reasons why they were keeping me alive so long ago. I knew it would drive me insane but this new social contact brought out a desperate hungry sense of curiosity.

"The truth is we had to wait until everything had settled down"

I stared at him in shock. Does that mean they've stopped looking for me? Has Alex moved on? My heart ached at the thought of it.

Liam leaned over and placed his hand on my cheek. His hand was warm and soft and despite it feeling wrong I let his hand stayed there. It was the first warmth I had felt in months.

"Everything has settled down now so we can begin to talk"

A question popped into my mind but I knew that whatever answer i got would hurt me deeply. However I needed to know.

"Has Ale-ex m-moved on?" I mumbled.

Liam withdrew his hand and stared at me intently.

"Do you know how long you've been here?" He questioned

I didn't want to say in case it was less than I thought so I just nodded my head.

"Lucille you've been here nearly a year now"

His answer shocked me to the core. A year here.

"Why can't I shift" I asked.

"It was the order of the old leader that your food would be drugged with an experimental silver serum cutting off your powers"

I had only one question at this point.

"Am I human?" I asked on the point of tears.

"No, your powers are simply being suppressed"

I felt a tiny glimmer of relief as I realised I still had my wolf. I still had part of my identity.

"Liam?" I whimpered.

He looked at me with sympathy. Hope filled me. Maybe just maybe.....

"Can I go home now. I swear I'll never tell anyone who you are not even Alex"

Liam eyes widened and he dropped his head quickly.

"Lucille...." His voice trailed off.

"Yes" I said desperately.

"I'm sorry but Alex is dead"

Hey!!!!

Sorry about this late update. Between volunteering, revising and the family it's hard to get the writing done. I hope you've all had a great summer so far. Have you got any plans???? Mine was to see Suicide Squad and it was so good I went and saw it twice!!

So what do you think of this chapter? Drop your comments below. Also drop a comment about whether you think this should stay as one book or should I split in half and make a second one. I'll be deciding soon.

Thank you and Happy Reading!!!!!