Chapter 9

I awoke next day to an empty bed. Confused I quickly got dressed and jogged downstairs into the kitchen where Lacey and Cassie were munching on pancakes. Cassie grinned while Lacey offered me a simple smile.

"Hey glad you're back" said Lacey.

"Thanks" I said smiling. "I missed you. Where's Alex?"

Cassie exchanged a weird look and a smile with Lacey who didn't bother to return it.

"He's working"

"Oh" I said dropping my head in sadness. I had hoped that since I was back Alex would spend a little time with me but I guess not.

"Don't be so sad" said Cassie. "He spent the whole year looking for you"

"Yeah" said Lacey. "He stopped doing his work and turned his attention to you so I'm guessing he's super behind"

The girls had a point after all. Suddenly I had a lightbulb moment.

"Let's go to town" I said squealing.

Cassie gave me a puzzled look.

"Will Alex let you leave? I mean if I was Alex I wouldn't let you out of my sight"

I sighed. "Alex is working, no need for him to know until afterwards"

Cassie and Lacey smiled.

"Let's go"

Town was hardly busy meaning me and the girls didn't have to wait for ages in some stupid queue. As Cassie tried on dozens of outfits and Lacey looked for a nice bikini, I stepped outside to get some air.

The clouds were grey, meaning it was going to rain soon which would be our signal to get back that is if Cassie actually chooses an outfit in time. Behind me I heard a small clatter. Just as I picked up his scent I was against the wall, his hand clamped over my mouth to stop me from calling for help.

Liam stood in front of me, the tip of a needle pressed against my neck.

"I'm sorry for this but I couldn't guarantee you wouldn't scream or shout"

I glared at him. "What are you doing here?"

He seemed sad at the viciousness in my voice.

"I came here to remind you of your true heritage"

"I may have different DNA but my home is where the wolves. It's where I belong"

He shook his head.

"Talk to your father then see if you still feel the same way"

The tip of the needle retracted and all I could do was stare as Liam ran off into darkness.

I walked across the road to the bus stop and waited. I got on the bus without even waiting for Cassie and Lacey. I simply stated at the window and watched the wet world blur by.

I got off the bus and walked for about five minutes until I was at the entrance of my old wolf pack. Immediately a man rushed up to greet me.

"Lucille?"

I ignored him and walked into the small community. Around me children were playing about or hiding from the rain. I ignored their stares and walked to my old house. Without hesitating I pressed the doorbell. My father opened the door, his eyes wide when he saw me.

"We need to talk"

A/N

Hey everyone just going to drop a notice that after I have finished my action/romance novel I will be going back and editing the first book simply to improve it and make it more descriptive. However I will still continue to work on this book.

Happy Reading!

~ Jess xoxo