Chapter 33

Most wolves, when they find their mate, have a small marriage. A little church surrounded by a few friends or family.  Unfortunately for me because I was marrying the Alpha of the governing pack that meant a big wedding. 

A huge wedding. 

For the past week I had been drowning in wedding catalogues planning for the 'perfect wedding'. Alex had offered to hire a wedding planner but I assured him that all I needed was Cassie and Lacey. I stood and watched while little flowery things were draped throughout the house and the food was being made in 2 out of the three kitchens. One kitchen was dedicated to the wedding cake entirely. 

I ignored everyone and wandered around the house. Whatever Alex was feeling made me feel too and right now I felt like locking myself away and never coming out. Damien's death was hurting Alex a lot. I decided to bite the bullet and go and see him in his office. The office that he had locked himself away for a week. 

When I pushed open the huge oak door Alex was resting his head on the huge oak table. 

"Alex?" I called softly. 

When no reply sounded I assumed that he was asleep. Silently I closed the door and walked around to him. His head was bent at an awkward angle. He would be sore later. Gently I began to shake him awake. His eyes opened groggily and he tiredly lifted himself off the desk. 

"You should get some sleep" I said. 

He blinked a few times to wake him up and then immediately began signing work forms. His eyes were red and bloodshot. His face was blotchy and tired. 

"I'm fine"

"You forget that whatever you feel, I feel too" 

He dropped his pen and sighed. 

"Maybe we should postpone the wedding" I said. 

"No!" he growled. "The wedding will go on"

I pushed some papers to one side and jumped up onto the desk. 

"You're mourning for your dad. Everyone will understand"

He stood up out of his chair and gently took my arm escorting me to the door. 

"Everything's fine"

I pulled my arm out of his grip and hugged him. He seemed taken aback first but eventually he slipped his arms around me and accepted the hug. His arms began to move to my waist so I hugged him tighter. I didn't want the hug to end so soon. 

Eventually he pulled away. 

"Go, you have a big day tomorrow"

I stood where I was, silently refusing to leave. I still had so much to do but I didn't want to leave. Smiling he pulled me forward and kissed me on the forehead. 

"Go"

I only left because I had so much to do and so little time to do it in. I was more looking forward to the wedding being over than the wedding itself.