Chapter 39

When I awoke I found that I was in a random bedroom lying on top of a bed. I scrunched up my eyes and winced as pain began to circle my head. I reached up and found my fingers touching a bandage. Memories of what had happened began flooding back to me and I couldn't help but feel helpless as my mind played back the last few moments of my sister's life. 

I sat up and threw the quilt off me. The room I was in had obviously not be designed for a bedroom. The walls were black and the windows were huge and gothic like with iron bars fastened to them preventing me from escaping. The floor was wood but a fluffy gray rug had been brought in and placed next to my bed. The only other furniture in the room was a silver chest of drawers. The appearance of them struck me as odd as I had never seen a silver chest of drawers, were it not for my situation I would have probably laughed at it. 

I climbed out of my bed and began to tiptoe to the door. I pressed my ear against the door and listened. I could hear faint footsteps but couldn't pinpoint where. I tried to mindlink Alex but instead of reaching him all I got was a burning sensation throughout my whole body. I crumpled to the floor and cried as the burning seared through me like the way a cramp goes through humans. Just as I crawled my way back to the bed the pain disappeared and I was left breathless and tired while clinging onto the bed. 

Whispers came from just outside the door. I jumped onto the bed and threw the quilt over me just as the door opened and footsteps entered the room. I held my breath as I felt the mattress shift and the unknown stranger sit down on the bed. All of a sudden the quilt was ripped off me. Scared, I clenched my eyes shut as I felt the stranger lean over. He became so close that I could feel his breath on my cheek and his cologne filling my nose. I tightened my muscles and lashed out connecting with what felt like a nose. I jumped off the bed and ran towards the door. The stranger made a angry grunt voice and collapsed onto the floor. Just as I was out the door I was thrown into a wall so fast it made my head spin. I slumped down, blood gushing down my nose and multi coloured spots clouding my vision. The whole thing took the breath right out of me and now I was gasping for air like I had been punched in the throat. 

The stranger's cologne hit me again as I watched a blurred figure kneel down in front of me. His voice was soft and gentle.

"Hello Lucille"

A/N

Hey everyone Thank you all for being so patient and I sincerely hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

~Happy Reading