Chapter 16

The voice belonged to the Alpha's best fighter; Daniel Croft. He was standing in front of the exit gate, smiling a cruel and unforgiving smile. His hands were clenched in a fist by his side. Then suddenly Beta Matthews appeared by his side.

"Good job distracting her Eleanor"

I turned to Eleanor to find that she was just as confused and bewildered as I was.

"I didn't do anything" she said, an accusatory tone in her voice.

"You helped us catch a criminal" said Croft.

I whipped my head around to face him.

"I am not a criminal and don't worry I was just leaving"

I grabbed the suitcase and began to walk towards the gate when Croft stepped forward. Nervously I began to walk away from him towards the fence when two other wolves stepped out the back door and blocked my way.

"Carl what did you do" asked my sister, who was hurt and visibly frightened.

"Come Eleanor" he said, holding out his hand towards her.

"No! Stay away"

I heard Carl growl.

"If you don't come with me, I'll remove you myself"

Anger rushed through my veins. I clenched my teeth but there was nothing I could do. I turned around and gave Carl a deep warning growl.

Bad move.

Carl eyes shot to mine. His eyes went from green to a yellow colour. He wasn't changing but he was getting ready to if necessary.

"Do not growl at me criminal" he warned.

"Do not threaten my sister"

For a minute there was nothing. Just me and him staring at each other, daring one another to make a move.

"Stop it now! Both of you" my sister demanded.

I love my sister but that was a really bad idea. All attention turned to her. The Beta looked absolutely furious with her, Croft looked ready to pin her down which wouldn't go well with the Beta and the other thugs looked confused as to what they should be doing.

"We're taking your sister in. Whether we take you in as well is your choice" Croft spat.

He was daring her. He was daring her to do something. Sometimes he was more cruel than the Alpha. Beta Matthews growled but didn't challenge him which made me more angry. What, he didn't have a problem with some guy taking his mate in?

I opened my mindlink and mindlinked Eleanor.

It's okay go with them. I don't want you to get hurt

Then she mindlinked me back

Not a chance that I am going leaving you now or ever.

It was hard keeping open the connection. I was new to it after all but I was doing it somehow.

Fight together.....

..Die Together she finished.

I shifted my gaze from Carl and Croft to her. She met my eyes almost immediately. I tilted my head down just the tiniest bit, for her to see. She nodded.

She took a few steps back and stood next to me. Then we began to shift.

It was fighting time.