Chapter 8

For the past few hours I could hear muffled conversation from downstairs but I ignored it.

However I couldn't help but hear my sister as she stomped up the stairs and stopped in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Sup sis"

My sister stormed in and ripped the bag of doritos from my hands. Suddenly there was an explosion of doritos and my bed was covered in them.

"Way to be a buzzkill sis"

She grabbed a bouncy ball and threw it at me.

"You think you're funny? You're a lazy, stupid freak who thinks she can charm her way through life with comebacks and childish behaviour. Okay you didn't want him as a mate but you didn't need to insult him"

"And this is why I think I am adopted"

Eleanor let out a frustrated scream before storming out my room.

"Close the door at least" I shouted.

When she didn't come back I got up and closed the door myself.

Two minutes later my father burst in.

"Oh come on at least knock"

Without saying a word he grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and dragged me out of bed.

"Hey let go"

My attempts to claw out his grip was futile. He dragged me down the stairs not even slowing the pace.

"Let go of me" I screamed.

He dragged me through the kitchen where dishes littered the side. He threw open the back door where I got a mouthful of freezing cold air. He dragged me through the garden. I tried to use my feet and stop but it was hopeless. He opened the back gate and led me out into the street where a black limo was waiting.

"LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW" I roared.

My father threw me against the door of the car. The newly formed wolf inside me whelped.

"She's all yours"

Panic surged through me. I picked myself up and tried to run away but a man with strong arms grabbed me and dragged me back to the car.

"Father Father" I screamed. "What are you doing?"

He turned to me. His face was blank.

"You have a mate and the Luna Goddess says you must accept your mate so you are leaving to be with him"

"Father no please" I gasped.

I bit down on the hand holding me and ran towards my father.

"Father please don't do this" I begged.

"You are a lazy pathetic child. You are an excuse to the name and nature of a werewolf. You're lucky your mate still wants you after you insulted him like that. If you think that you are still my daughter you are very wrong"

Tears filled my eyes and began pouring down my cheeks.

"Father no" I cried through sobs.

The man came and tried to restrain me again but this time I kicked him in the jewels.

My father raced over and grabbed me. Then he turned me around, grabbed my broken arm and twisted it.

The pain was the most intense thing I had ever experienced. Dark spots began to cloud my vision and soon I was out.