Chapter 22

When he moved away I could see that we were in an office. A huge mainly oak office. Just this room looked bigger than my entire house.

"I wasn't aware that you had an office"

His face darkened.

"I don't, this is Alex's I'm simply using it for this little meeting. Now please do not try to change the subject Miss Lucille"

Before I could speak he went on.

"You have been rude, disrespectful, violent, childish and irresponsible. If it wasn't for your bond to my son, I would have had you killed by now"

My mind raced with panic and fear. This was going wrong. Very wrong. Why did I come here? Big mistake.

"Unfortunately you do have a connection to my son. So hurting you hurts him and I would never hurt my son"

If that was supposed to make me feel better it wasn't. He was a sinister man and I could see why Cassie and Lacey were so scared of him.

"But don't think for one minute I won't make your life a living hell. If you put another toenail out of line I will make sure that until the end of my days you feel like you wished you'd never be born"

I was certain as this point that I wanted to mindlink for help but I was almost certain that it would do me no good.

"You have a civic responsibility Miss Lucille that was gifted to you by the Luna Goddess. You are and will always be destined to be the mate of my son and his Luna. To think you have any choice or say in the matter is a foolish thought indeed"

Have you ever felt awkward and absolutely terrified at the same time? Well it was the funniest and most worst feeling in the world. It felt like wanting to flee in tears but wanting to rip your face off and laugh at the same time.

"However there is a way we can get along"

My mind was screaming. YES JUST DO WHATEVER THE HELL HE WANTS.

"You will apologise to my son, perform your civic duties and live happily ever after" he said displaying his arms as if it was just that easy.

"This is not a game Miss Lucille. You either do what your destiny requires you to do voluntary or you do it involuntary. Think about it"

He got up out of the leather chair and left the room. Once he left I realised my hands and knees were trembling and tears were beginning to fall down my cheek. I put my head in my hands and began to sob quietly.

"Lucille. Lucille!"

I heard light footsteps and then arms wrapped around me. I was pulled into an embrace. Through my sobbing I managed to catch a scent of poppies.

Cassie.

"Is she okay?" asked Lacey.

"Come on let's get her to our room before anyone else sees her"

I felt another pair of arms grab me and lift me up.

"What on earth did he do to you?"