Chapter 36

A quick shoutout to my friend @LillyWalkerWrites and her completely awesome book Dracula's Queen!

The last person I had ever expected to be and there he was standing there. 

"Father?"

He walked into the room smiling and took me in his arms. He smelled like the special cologne that mother used to buy for him. The sight of him and the scent brought back memories from my childhood. 

"I couldn't miss my Lucifer's wedding could I?"

I laughed at the nickname. Father never used it on me. He must be really happy. 

"Come on we'll catch up while your friends get dressed"

He led me out of the room and downstairs. Pretty soon we were in the garden. 

"How have you been?"

I thought about his question. After everything that had gone on I couldn't think of a word to describe how I was doing. It all had happened so fast. 

"Good I guess, what about you?"

My father too pondered his question. We were much like each other which is probably why we clashed so often. 

"I've missed you and I am so very sorry"

"Forgiven" I said. "Already forgotten"

He smiled and handed me a small box wrapped in blue wrapping paper with a golden bow.

Shocked, I took the box and opened it. There on top of the torn wrapping paper was a black box. With trembling hands I lifted the lid off. There in all its glory was a necklace. A gleaming silver chain with a aquamarine teardrop on the end of the chain. My mother's special necklace.

"Something blue"

I lifted the necklace out of the box. It felt so small and fragile in my hands. Someone as destructive as me should not have such a beautiful and fragile thing. This should be Eleanor's. But my father was beaming. He was proud off me. So I smiled and thanked him for the necklace. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

One of the maids opened the door and stepped out into the yard. I could hear my fathers' faint growling. 

"Miss Lucille the wedding will be starting shortly" she squeaked. 

My father shot up and offered me his arm. I took it and he beamed. 

"Let's go" 

A/N

Thank you for continuing to stick by the book through it's irregular updates. 

Happy Reading!