Chapter 9

The first thing I saw was a pure white ceiling with pictures carved into it. My nose picked up the faint smell of flowers. I turned my body over to realise I was lying on a soft comfortable bed.

Home sweet home.

Until I saw the buff-coloured walls. I threw my body up and looked around. This wasn't my room. The bed I was lying on was king-sized and instead of my usual cotton sheets, these were silk. The mattress was springy and looked brand new. I looked around the room. There was a huge walk in wardrobe, a massive chest of doors and next to the bed was a bedside table. They were all polished oak and actually gave the room a bit of a warm feeling. In the corner of my room facing my bed was a white oak dressing table with a 3 sided mirror. I could already see my hairbrush, bobbles and the hair products I use.

Suddenly the memory of what happened came flooding back. I checked my arm. It was completely healed. No sign that it had ever been broken. Then the words of my father echoed in my head.

'Lazy'

'Pathetic'

Then he disowned me. The words were circling my brain. I was no longer his daughter. His lil Lucifer. His lil troublemaker. Tears flooded my eyes and I let them fall. I grabbed a fistful of the sheets and stuck my head in them crying. I felt heartbroken, empty, angry and betrayed all at the same time. I laid back down on the head and buried myself in the sheets.

I stopped sobbing when I heard the door to my room open. I heard footsteps and then the weight of the mattress shift as someone sat down on the bed.

"Go away"

The figure did not move or reply. Instead I felt a warm hand press on my head through the sheets.

"Shhhh it's okay" said a familiar accented voice.

I launched up and threw the hand away. There sitting on the edge of the bed was Alex.

"Where am I?" I demanded.

He looked visibly shocked by my outburst.

"Relax, you are in my home. My people brought you here last night"

My mind went back to the memory of the sleek black limo and the rough guy. Anger was bubbling in me and I threw myself at Alex, pushing him and hitting him.

"It was your fault! It was you! You made my father disown me!"

He reached out and grabbed my hands at the wrists to stop me from hitting him.

"Your father disowned you?" he asked shocked.

"YES!" I screamed. "And it's all your fault!"

I began to twist my hands in an effort to break his grip but his hands were strong. He didn't even look visibly bothered.

"I'm sorry" he said.

Using all my strength I ripped my hands out of his grip and pushed him away.

"GET OUT. GET OUT" I screamed. The tears had now come back and there was no stopping them.