Chapter 32

Alex stopped dead and turned around to face the angry crowd. I couldn't see his face from the window but I could see claws coming out of his hand which meant he was turning. My guess was that the mob could see his teeth coming through and his eyes turning red. 

Slowly Cassie pulled the curtains closed but left just enough that I could see through the middle while the other two watched from either side. I didn't need to open the window to hear what they were saying. My wolf senses kicked in at that point. 

Some of the wolves began to cower at the sight of Alex's wolf while other more arrogant stood their ground. 

"I'm sorry Alpha....."

Alex let out a deep rumbling growl. Over half of the rebel pack took quite a few steps back in fear while the one who had spoken looked visibly shaken. 

"It's just business"

I could feel the tension and testosterone in the air. My wolf was trying to force her way out so she could go down and rip the guy's head off but I managed to keep her contained. Just

"Alpha we've always respected you but your new 'mate' had brought about the anger of the Luna Goddess and her inability to accept you means that we need a new government"

Anger flooded through me and before I know it, I was rushing through the house on my way to challenging this moron. I could hear the shocked and pleading voices of Cassie and Lacey but all my concentration was focused on Alex and the other wolf. 

I burst outside and strode over to Alex who looked stunned. The moron now looked terrified. 

"What is all this?" I asked. 

Alex cleared his throat. His nervousness angered me. 

"Lucille,  Granger here has suggested a change in the governing pack"

I eyed the rope and knives suspiciously. 

"It seems more like a suggestion" I growled. 

"Lucille the Alpha of the governing body needs to have a mate"

As he said that I came to realise just how right Damien was. Even if he did go around it like an evil dictator. I had responsibilities. We all do. Sadness hit me as I realised how foolish I was to try and run away from them. Alex had responsibilities as well. Ones that relied on him having a mate. No mate, no heir. No heir, no Alpha. 

I took a breath and began to speak, the words coming out of me like a robot. 

"Then you seem to be a day late"

Granger and his pack's look of confusion made me smile inside. They were speechless. 

"If you would have waited a day then you would have heard about mine and Alex's wedding announcement. One that we were planning on announcing tonight"

The look of embarrassment on the pack's faces made me want to dance around in glee. 

"So we will have accommodation provided for you and then you will be on your way, having been granted amnesty for the general confusion"

I made sure to flash them a sweet yet threatening smile that screamed I-will-kick-your-ass-if-you-ever-pull-that-shit-again before wrapping an arm around Alex to further prove my point. Alex ordered the bodyguards to take them away and then he led me, past Cassie and Lacey's speechless faces, into his office. 

"Did you mean that?"

I tried to search my mind for an appropriate answer but the words seemed to come to me straight away. 

"Every word!"

A/N 

Hey so for all my other readers I need to get this  out there.

Originally there was 41 chapters I published. I meant to unpublish only the last few but I ended up unpublishing them all sorry.

So I'm gonna republish the rest over a small period of time so I dont clog up your notifications.