t h i r t e e n

━━━━━━━━☾☽━━━━━━━━

B L U E

My eyes were glued to the road, not wanting to look at Zack who was driving me back home. The car tension was so thick that made me so uncomfortable.

I hate awkward silence and It just made things weird.

Turning my head slightly towards Zack to look at his facial expression, he had a blank face that didn't look he was bothered at all at the moment. I, on the other hand, was really bothered by the way he was acting tonight. It's not that he was being rude but he just needs to stop holding grudges towards Mason.

We both made up and moved on from the past but, I want everyone to get along so I don't have to stop a fight every day. I understand that he still sees Mason as a bad person and he thinks that he is a threat but he isn't.

Licking my lip, I lightly bit down on them while I try not to jitter around in my seat. I hate it when he is so quiet to me. It's just not like him for him to be quiet.

Soft music playing in the background so it wasn't complete silence in the car.

"So how's the weather?" I try to lighten up the mood in the car and I facepalm myself for asking a dumb question. Of course, I would say that It's night time.

Zack turn's his head slightly, not taking his eye off the road. "What?"

"I mean what are you thinking about?" I ask him and he runs his hand over his sharp jawline as he thought about the question I ask him.

"About stuff?" He finally spoke that made me furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"About?" I turn around in my seat facing him so I could look at him directly. He turns off the ignition and I turn my head to see that we were parked in front of my house. The living room light was on and I knew who was up.

Grandma

He takes his seatbelt off than look at me for a long time. His hazel eyes were burning at mines, making me shuffle in my seat.

Zack then runs his hands through his hair, gripping it tightly to the roots. "I really like you Blue, but you always send me mix signals. I'm not forcing you to like me or anything because I know how you are."

I stared at him with a blank face. All this stuff that has been happening and I forgot he also likes me also. Zack has been trying his luck with me and he hasn't been forcing himself on me like the rest.

He was different

Zack has been there for me when no one wasn't and I should give him a chance where we could take it slow before we become serious. I do feel something when we spend time together and as grandma said, I should follow what my heart says.

Breathing softly, I took the courage to confess my feelings. "Zack I like you also but I want to take things slowly before we just jump into a relationship. Also, you have to be nice to Mason because me and him are friends and only friends."