t h i r t y o n e

━━━━━━━━☾☽━━━━━━━━

M A S O N

My phone keeps buzzing as people wondering where I disappear. I guess when I go missing the whole school goes crazy.

Everyone probably found out about the bet and the words spread fast. That's all the school lives off of is gossip.

Turning off my phone, I get up to get ready for school because if I want to do better I have to put in all the work that I can. I put on a lazy outfit because I wasn't going up there to impress anyone but myself.

I did my daily hygiene routine then walked out of my bathroom. I grabbed my backpack and my phone, going downstairs where my parents were at the kitchen table discussing something amongst each other. I thought they were supposed to come back home next week.

Ignoring their presence, I grabbed Poptart from the box. Before I could escape without them talking to me they called my name. I turned around and stood there. "Yes?" I ask in annoyance that they called my name.

"Can we talk to you?" My mom asks me and I sigh, putting my backpack on the table then sat in front of them. It was quiet in the room until my dad clears his throat. "I heard something has been going on with you." He said making me raise a brow at him.

"Who told you that?" I ask them and they both look at each other and back at me.

"Maddie," They both said in unison and I groan that my sister would tell them about my problems. We promise that we wouldn't tell our parents unless it's major. "Whatever she said to you both is a lie and she can come fight me if she has a problem with it."

My parents started to laugh and I look at them like they have lost their minds. "I miss those types of things even though we are going to have another one─" She cuts herself off when she notices what she about to say.

"Another one of what?" I ask them and they both look at each other again. My dad rubs my mom back for encouragement and she gave him a small smile then turns to me with glossy eyes. "We didn't want to tell you or Maddie until you both were home, but you know I can't keep anything from my youngest baby." She grabs my hand into hers.

"We are expecting a baby," She said crying and my father was comforting her.

I can't believe that Im going to have a baby brother or sister. Another human being was coming into the world and I have to make sure they don't turn out like me. Maddie did the same with me.

"How you feel baby?" My mom asks me and I shook my head while laughing. I'm just speechless right now and I'm happy that Im having a younger sibling. "I'm just speechless and surprise at the same time."