s e q u e l t e a s e r

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Were we sincerely meant to last forever?

The unanswered question that would pop up in my mind every night when I stare up at my ceiling. Questioning is it worth running after him after everything we went through, everything I put him through over the years.

All I did was push him away when he tried to work things out with me, but I didn't want to hear it. We didn't keep our promise when we said that we would trust each other and talk to each other if we have a problem. I didn't keep my commitment to trust him.

So many complex emotions were going through me at that emotional time. I just wanted things to go back to normal when we were in High School and stay in our High School sweetheart phase forever.

Why do I have to make things so complicated? I'm the one that wanted to end things between us because I was genuinely scared to lose him. I'm the one that did something that hurt him. I'm the one that leads him, believing that we could work things out, but I just toyed with his emotions.

Now I'm standing 6ft away from the man that I love that is about to get married In a couple of hours.

Mason stood there speechless, not maintaining a word after I just pour my whole heart out for him. I don't blame him for saying anything since I just release a bomb on him after everything I put him through. "Why, Blue, just why?" He says after a lengthy silence.

Merely staring at him, I took a step towards him. Wanting to feel his body heat that I crave. "Because Mason, I love you, and I always did. I know we both we were wrong in college but─"

"I was in wrong?" He stood there in profound shock that I was blaming him. "See, this is your problem Blue. You never own up the shit that you caused our relationship. Its always we and never you. You're the one that told me that you wanted a break. Your the one cut me off when I constantly tried to get in contact with you after all these years. I'm not the one who slept with someone since we suppose to be on a break. I'm not the one who jumps to conclusions for everything that I do!"

It felt like a thousand needle pins were poking at my sunken chest. I wanted to deny everything, but it was true. I was the one that caused our relationship to fall out. Saying sorry wasn't going to get him back.

"Mason, I don't know what to say to get you back."