Chapter 16: oink oink

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

[ ]: Stand's names

* *: Narrator/voice-off

Your POV:

After we took the train from Singapore, we changed to a boat when we reached Thailand, and we were currently about to accost in India. But some of us seemed quite anxious about it.

Joseph: Abdul, we are finally going to crass India. The fact is...

Joseph: I am a little worried. Of course I'm worried about enemy stands; but actually it's my first time here in India.

Joseph: India gives the impression of beggars, thieves, curry-eating, disease-ridden people.

"You have something against curry ?"

Polnareff: I'm worried we might get sick.

Abdul seemed quite amused with those prejudices.

Abdul: Ha ha ha !! Those stories are all false. You don't have to worry, this is a fine country, full of nice people.

Abdul: All right !! We're here, let's go !!!

We all got off the boat, and what happened next was... How can I put it...?

Yes, a huge mess.

As soon as we got off the boat, we were immediately surrounded by a huge crowd, most of them were asking money, or proposing us some change, but they were some of them who tried to make other deals with us, trying to sell us tattoos, medicine against stomach pains or oils. One of them even tried to interest us into meeting a girl, while some kid started singing for no reason.

They were peoples sleeping literally in the middle of the sidewalk, lost kids, some dogs, and a guy, trying to make his way through the crowd with his scooter while carrying an absurdly high pile of eggs boxes

A cow was just roaming around, we were completely surrounded by flies... And kids begging us fore some money, threatening us with the "divine punishment" if we refused.

It was obvious that some of us weren't exactly enjoying that.

Polnareff: Aarrgg !!! I stepped in cow shit !!

Kakyoin: My wallet is gone !!

All of this while the singing kid was asking them for some money after he finished.

Joseph: God I can't take it anymore !!! There's a taxi, let's get the hell out of here !!

As soon as he said that, three men immediately rushed the taxi to open the door for us and get the tips.

But sadly for them (and us) there was a cow in the way.

Taxi guy: I am sorry sir, this cow is napping right now. I cannot move until it leaves. Cows are holy animals here.

MORE people approached us, still mostly asking for money.

Kid: Hey, give us money !!

Polnareff: Wipe your nose kid, your nose !

Kakyoin: Y/n, what are you doing ?

I was currently standing against a lamp post, a few meters away from the crowd.

"I-I've never been that good with crowds, s-so I'm just gonna stay here until we find a taxi."

Joseph: Ab...Abdul, is this really India ?