how can i hurt when i'm holding you

Tell the World I'm Coming Home – Part Two

five times they held on and one time they couldn't

Requested by: d4nn4pv17 and SeaweedGirl24 and more (i kinda forgot this oneshot existed ngl)

(This is just my excuse to use as many pet names as possible and all the kisses in the world lol (um also Tony being the best piano player is also like my fav headcanon))

*

1. 

"You're sick, Peter."

"Am not," Peter shoots, bambi eyes narrowing at his father and pouting childishly.

"The sooner you admit it, the sooner I can help you get better," Tony replies, lifting his eyebrows. "And you know the rules, you're not allowed in the lab or up to the compound if you're sick."

Peter jumps up, nearly elbowing Tony in the face with his hurried movements. "I'm not sick, Dad. I'm not. I promise."

Tony gently pushes Peter down to sit on his bed again, not moving from where he's kneeling next to the bed.

"You're sick, honey. If you admit it, I'll get you some medicine and make you some soup and we'll watch movies. And when you're all better, we'll drive up to see Natasha and Steve, okay?"

"I wanna see Auntie Tasha and Uncle Steve today," Peter pouts. "You promised me last week."

Tony smooths back Peter's curls away from his forehead, wincing at the heat radiating from the five-year-old's forehead.

"Ned's mom warned me the flu was going around at school and I think you caught it, Petey. Getting better takes time, you know that."

Huffing again, Peter goes to argue some more but is cut off by a sneezing fit.

"You're sick, buddy," Tony repeats, as gentle as ever. He runs the pad of his thumb over Peter's freckled cheekbone softly, watching his kid's face fall in understanding.

He nods a few times, giving in and leaning subconsciously into his dad's hand. "I feel gross."

"I know you do, kiddo. Maybe if I ask nicely, Steve will make you some of his homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch and dinner, that sound good?"

Eyelids drooping, Peter nods into his dad's palm. "Sounds good, daddy. Can we watch a movie?"

Tony pulls himself to his feet, ignoring the cracks of his knees at the movement and smooths Peter's curls back again.

"Course we can, baby. Just let me get you some new clothes first that doesn't look very comfy," Tony says, pulling teasingly at Peter's striped t-shirt that he planned on wearing up to the compound today.

"Wait!" Peter gasps just before Tony moves to grab new clothes. "Can I pretty please have a popsicle?"

Tony smiles fondly, bending down to press a kiss to Peter's forehead.

"As long as you promise to take your medicine when I ask you to."

"I promise!"

Tony wonders if heart's can actually explode from feeling this much love and fondness and admiration as he kisses Peter's cheeks and runs his fingers through Peter's knotted curls.

Soon enough, Tony has his kid changed into an Iron Man onesie and tucked into half a dozen blankets on the couch.

"Pick a movie to watch, I'll find you a popsicle and call Steve to make you some soup for later," Tony tells him, unable to stop himself from kissing his poor kid's nose before heading to the kitchen.