Chapter 09: Conflict Expands

March 19, 1917

White House, Washington, United States of America

Germany resumes the unrestricted submarine warfare on February 1, 1917. On that same day, one hundred U-boats are ordered to attack and sink any commercial vessels including neutral ships that supplies England. During their mission, the U-boats sank three American merchant vessels in the Atlantic Ocean. This disastrous news reach and spread to all of the countries in North and South America, even to the whole world. Many Americans were shock in terror after hearing the news. This news also reach the White House in Washington.

"Mr. President, have you received the news?" one of the officers asked U.S President Woodrow Wilson.

"Yes, I heard and read it in the newspapers that the Germans sank three merchant vessels in the Atlantic Ocean," Woodrow Wilson replied as he walks towards the window, trying to think of an action against the Germans.

"So, Mr. President, what are you going to do now?" one of the officers asked U.S President Woodrow Wilson. "The Germans almost killed more than hundreds of Americans in the Atlantic. Mr. President, If I were in your shoes, I will take revenge by declaring war against them."

"It seems the Germans had gone too far after they sank a British liner with the loss of 128 Americans in the North Atlantic Ocean, and now they sank three of our merchant vessels. I can't be a pacifist any longer. The Germans violated our neutrality and we must act now," Woodrow Wilson replied.

 The Germans violated our neutrality and we must act now," Woodrow Wilson replied

March 20, 1917 - April 13, 1917

The news of German U-boat attacks on three U.S merchant vessels lead some American countries into the war. By the next day on March 20, 1917, Wilson holds a Cabinet Meeting; all Cabinet members believe that the Germans engaged in a commercial war against them, so they agree to bring the United States into war against Germany and it's allies. Days later, the entire country begins to mobilize.

On April 6, 1917, the United States of America declares war on Germany

On April 6, 1917, the United States of America declares war on Germany. Philippines, under American rule, enters the war against Germany and it's allies.

On April 7, 1917, Cuba and Panama declare war on Germany.

On April 11, 1917, Brazil severs relation with Germany.

On April 13, 1917, Bolivia severs relation with Germany.