Chapter 31: Saving from Global Sin

July 13, 1917, 12 pm

Cova da Iria, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

The three shepherd children walk happily through the crowds of people that fill the roads to the Cova da Iria. When they reach the Cova da Iria, the three shepherd children stand in front of the small holm oak. Everyone altogether kneel and pray the Holy Rosary as Lucia leads the prayer. When they're finish praying the Holy Rosary, Lucia stands up and looks toward the East.

"Close the umbrellas, close the umbrellas, the Lady is coming!" Lucia cried out as the small grayish cloud hovers around the small holm oak, the sun turns hazy, and the refreshing breeze begins to blow. A few seconds later, the Lady from Heaven visibly appeared before the three shepherd children as she engulfs Her immense light on them and rests Her eyes on Lucia.

"I... I don't know what am I going to say," Lucia thought in mind as she bows her head and could not joyfully speak to Her.

"Lucia, the Lady's looking at you," Francisco said as he looks the Lady's eyes pointing at Lucia.

"Lucia, go ahead, speak to Her. She is already speaking to you," Jacinta prodded as few seconds later, Lucia had her head, looking towards the Lady, fill with loving devotion.

"What do You want from me?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"I want you to come here on the thirteenth day of the next month at the same hour. Continue to pray the Holy Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace for the whole world and the end of the war. It's the only way She could help you," the Lady requested. After hearing Her request, Lucia begins to remember the words that Fr. Manuel and her mother claim, and wishes to clear up the doubts of people. 

"Will You please tell us who You are and perform a miracle so that everyone will believe that You really appear to us?" Lucia requested a she spoke to Her in a childish manner.

"Continue to come here every month. In October, I will tell you who I am and what I desire and I will perform a miracle all shall see, so that they believe," the Lady from Heaven replied. 

"Your Grace, there are lot of people here asking a favor from You," Lucia said as she speak of the petitions of the people.

"I will cure some people who suffer from illness or disabilities but there are some that I could not cure. As to the crippled boy, I will not cure him or take him out of his poverty, but he must pray the Holy Rosary every day with his family," the Lady from Heaven replied.

"But there's a sick person who wishes to go to Heaven," Lucia said to the Lady from Heaven.

"He should not try to hurry things. I know well for myself when I shall come for him," the Lady from Heaven replied. 

"My Lady, there are people around us who wanted to be cured from their suffering," Jacinta said.

"Like I've said, they must pray the Holy Rosary every day for the conversion of sinners," the Lady replied. "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners; and say often, especially when you make some sacrifice: 'O my Jesus, it is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary I offer this sacrifice to Thee.'"

After saying those words, the Lady opens Her hands to the three shepherd children again as She had done the two previous months. The light reflecting from them seems to penetrate into the earth, and they see as if into a sea of fire, and immerse in that fire are devils and souls with human form, as if they are transparent black or bronze embers floating in the fire and sways by the flames that issues from within themselves along with great clouds of smoke, falling upon every side just like the falling of sparks in great fires, amidst wailing and cries of pain and despair that horrifies them with terror. Frightened, the three shepherd children raise their eyes to the Lady from Heaven for help.

"My God, I don't want to see this," Francisco shocked.

"Oh...My Lady!" Lucia cried out for help from the Lady from Heaven.

"You have seen the fires of Hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save the God wills to establish throughout the world the devotion to My Immaculate Heart. 

"If people will do what I tell you, many souls will be saved, and there will be peace. The Great War is going to end. 

"But if they do not stop offending God, another and worse war will break out in the reign of Pope Pius XI. When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that it is the great sign that God gives you, that He is going to punish the world for its crimes by means of war, hunger, and persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father. 

"To forestall this, I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays. 

"If they heed My requests, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace. If not, she shall spread her errors throughout the world, promoting wars and persecutions of the Church; the good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, and various nations will be destroyed; in the end, My Immaculate Heart will become victorious. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, which will be converted, and some time of peace will be given to the world. In Portugal, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved etc," the Lady from Heaven explained as she predicted. 

"Am I going to tell this to anyone or not? They may ask questions regarding to this," Jacinta asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Do not tell this to anyone. You may tell it to Francisco since he could not hear Me on what I say. When you pray the Holy Rosary, say after each mystery, 'O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need,'" the Lady from Heaven requested. After hearing all of these, Lucia's heart aches to do something heroic for the Lady from Heaven as she asks Her.

"Don't You want anything else from me?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"As for now, nope; I don't want anything else from you," the Lady from Heaven replied. A few seconds later, a thunder pierces in the sky and a little arch has been set up to hold vigil lanterns shake as if there has been an earthquake. Lucia rises from the ground as she turns around so fast that her skirt flares.

"There She goes," Lucia shouted as she points the Lady from Heaven ascending Herself to Heaven. The Lady from Heaven disappears which at the same time that the small grayish cloud over the small holm oak also disappears.