Chapter 07: A Plan to Victory

January 1917

Berlin, Germany

During the July Crisis in 1914, when the 28th U.S President, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, an intellectual and pacifist, learned of Austria-Hungarian's ultimatum to Serbia, he kept his country out of the European war and remained neutral. On August 4, 1914, the United States of America declared their neutrality. On that same day, Canada, under British rule, is the only country in North America that entered the war when the United Kingdom declared war on Germany.

On November 27, 1916, the Battle of Bucharest in Romania begins. Nine days later on December 6, 1916, the Central Powers defeated the Romanians in the Battle of Bucharest and the occupy the entire country of Romania.

Around January 1917, a German officer, Erich Ludendorff, thinks of a solution to bring a German victory over to the Allies that would later change the course of history and expand it's conflict.

"We're in the midst of the war for three years and a half, but I think of a solution to bring a German victory, and the Allies to it's knees before the United States of America mobilizes and declares war against us," Erich Ludendorff thought.

"What is it?" Paul von Hidenburg asked Erich Ludendorff.

"I want to resume again the unrestricted submarine warfare. We'll do what the Kaiser wants. We'll sail one hundred submarines around the borders of Europe, Africa, and the Atlantic Ocean. We must sink any commercial vessels that supplies England," Erich Ludendorff planned. "This will help to blockade the British from getting supplies or support from any neutral countries, especially the United States."

On February 1, 1917, one hundred submarines or U-boats are ordered to attack any Allied and neutral ships, contrary to international lost of the sea.