Chapter 30: Change of Heart

July 13, 1917, 10:45 am

Marto Residence, Aljustrel, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

Fr. Manuel's claim about the apparition of the Lady from Heaven make Lucia worried, miserable, and despair. As Lucia wakes up in the morning of the thirteenth day of July, Lucia still feels worried, depressed, and confused. However, when it's time to leave for the apparition in the Cova da Iria, some strange impulse come into her which her heart changes and transforms. All of her doubts, depression, confusion, and fear begins to disappear. 

Joyfully, she goes to her cousins' house to see if they already left the house. But, as she enter cousins' house, she found Francisco and Jacinta kneeling by the side of the bed, crying their eyes out.

"Francisco, Jacinta, didn't mean to interrupt but aren't you going? Lucia asked Francisco and Jacinta.

"We can't go unless you join with us," Jacinta said.

"Look, I'm sorry for not listening to you. I'm so miserable, despair, and confused. As for now, I'll go... with you in the Lady's third apparition," Lucia apologized as her cousins jump from their feet. 

"Yay! She'll come with us," Francisco joyously said.

"Let's go, then," Jacinta joyously said. 

11 am

Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

After that, the three shepherd children walk happily through the crowds of people that fill the roads  to the Cova da Iria. On the way to the Cova da Iria, the three shepherd children could not hurry, because many people stop them, asking them a favor. 

 "Jacinta, could you ask the Lady to bless my family and our home?" one of people in the crowd asked Jacinta a favor. 

"I will speak to the Lady about that," Jacinta replied.

"Francisco, could you ask the Lady to have peace throughout the whole world," one of the people in the crowd asked Francisco a favor. "The Allies and the Central Powers countries are still fighting until now." 

"I'll tell Lucia to speak to the Lady about what you requested for because even I have seen the Lady, I could not hear Her voice," Francisco replied. Meanwhile, Olimpia Marto sees all the people throughout the town going towards the Cova da Iria. She becomes afraid as she goes Senhora Maria Rosa, Lucia's mother. 

"Comadre, we must go to the Cova da Iria too. We may never again see our children again. What if they kill them?" Olimpia Marto pleaded. 

"Don't worry too much, Comadre, if it is the 'Lady' from Heaven who appear before them, She will defend them. But if it is not, then I don't know what might happen," Senhora Maria Rosa responded. Meanwhile, Ti Marto at first, didn't believe in their vision, but now he is sincere about these apparitions and he believe that the claims of Lucia's parents and Fr. Manuel about the apparition are false.