Chapter 51: Requests for Souls

August 19, 1917, 4:25 pm

Valinhos, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

When Jacinta and John Marto reached the field in Valinhos, a second flash pierces in the sky. Lucia gives the other two pennies to John Marto for successfully bringing Jacinta just in time. A few minutes later, the Lady from Heaven appears over a holm oak which is taller than the holm oak in the Cova da Iria. The three shepherd children kneels before Lady.

"I think I would kneel behind them," John Marto thought in mind as he kneels behind the three shepherd children.

"I'm impressed on what you three did to the Magistrate. Even you go through the suffering, you continuously and successfully keep the secret as you obey my command. Not only that, you sacrifice yourselves for sinners," the Lady from Heaven said. "For that, you three will receive a reward for your fidelity with me. I hope you would continue doing it."

"Thank you, Your Grace," Lucia thanked the Lady from the Heaven.

"Thank you, my Lady," Jacinta thanked the Lady from Heaven. Since Francisco didn't hear what the Lady said, he asks Jacinta.

"Jacinta, what did the Lady say?" Francisco whispered to Jacinta.

"The three of us will receive a reward from the Lady of Heaven for our continuous fidelity with Her after we went through the suffering we had received by the Magistrate," Jacinta whispered to Francisco. After that, he turns to the Lady from Heaven.

"Thank you, Your Grace," Francisco thanked the Lady from Heaven.

"You're all welcome," the Lady from Heaven replied.

"What do You want of me?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Continue to come to the Cova da Iria on the thirteenth day of the next month at the same hour. I want you to continue to pray the Holy Rosary every day for peace and end of the war," the Lady from Heaven requested. After hearing Her request, Lucia tells the Lady regarding her problem or anguish that so many people as well as the Pastor and the Magistrate refused to believe the reality of Her apparition.

"Many people did not believe the reality of Your presence, your Grace. I want You to tell us who You are and perform a miracle so that everyone will believe you appear to us," Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Yes, in the last month, in October, I will tell You who I am and what I want, and I will perform a miracle so that all may believe in My apparitions. If they had not taken you to the village, the miracle would have been greater. Saint Joseph will come with the Baby Jesus to give peace to the world and end to the war. Our Lord also will come to bless the people. Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Sorrows will also come," the Lady from Heaven said. After that, Lucia remembers what Maria de Capelinha requested and she tells Her.

"What do you wish us to do with the money and the offerings that the people leave at the Cova da Iria?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Have two litters made. One is to be carried by you and Jacinta and two other girls dressed in white; the other one is to be carried by Francisco and three other boys. The litters are to be used for the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, and the money that is left over will help towards the construction of a chapel that is to be built," the Lady from Heaven replied. After hearing Her response, Lucia tells the Lady from Heaven of the number of sick people who recommended to her.

"Your Grace, number of sick people want to be healed by You. I ask You if You would heal them," Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Yes, I will heal and cure them, but not all of them," the Lady from Heaven said as she wants to teach them to pray the health of souls rather than the bodies. "Pray! Pray a great deal and make sacrifices for sinners; for many souls go to Hell because they have no one to pray and make sacrifices for them."

"Yes, Your Grace," Lucia obeyed after hearing the Lady's request. After that, the Lady from Heaven leaves and begins to rise towards the East like before. 

"Jacinta, look! The Lady is going away!" Lucia said as she points the direction of the Lady from Heaven. A few seconds later, the Lady disappears as she enters Heaven.