Chapter 56: Heal the Sick

September 13, 1917, 12 noon

Cova da Iria, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

More than thousands of people came into Aljustrel and storm the homes of the three shepherd children. As they went out, many people ask their requests to them for the Lady from Heaven. Due to the crowd filling the roads and streets, the three shepherd children couldn't move a step. For that, a few gentlemen help them as they try to open and make way for them.

"Excuse me, make way for the children to pass," one of the few gentleman said as he makes way for the three shepherd children.

"Thank you, sirs," Lucia thanked the gentlemen who make way for them. For that, the three shepherd are able to move along through the crowd. When the people arrived at the Cova da Iria, the three shepherd children walks toward the holm oak and Lucia starts praying the Holy Rosary. As they were almost finished, the three shepherd children arise to scan the horizon for their preparation of the Lad's arrival.

"There's a flash, the Lady's coming," Jacinta thought in mind as she later sees a globe of light coming. 

"Wow, what is that?" one of the people in the crowd amazed as they see a globe of light coming. Then, it stand on the top of a holm oak and turn to Lady from Heaven. The Lady from Heaven visibly appears to the three shepherd children.

"What do You want of me?" Lucia humbly asked the Lady from Heaven.

"I want you to come her on the thirteenth day of the last month. Let the people continue to pray the Holy Rosary every day to obtain peace in the world and end of the war," the Lady from Heaven replied. "In the last month, in October, I will perform a miracle so that all may believe that I have appeared. If they had not taken you to the village, the miracle would have been greater. Saint Joseph will come with the Baby Jesus to give peace to the world and end to the war. Our Lord, Jesus Christ, also will come to bless the people. Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Sorrows will also come."

"God is pleased with your sacrifices but does not wish that you wear a rope when you go to sleep. Wear it only during the day," the Lady from Heaven said as she appreciated their sacrifices. After that, Lucia brings out a deaf girl.

"They have requested that I ask You many things," Lucia said as she had the deaf girl kneel before the Lady from Heaven.

"I hope that the Lady from Heaven will heal me," the deaf girl thought in mind.

"This girl is deaf mute for a long time. Would You heal her?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven.

"Don't worry, in this course of the year, I will heal her," the Lady from Heaven replied. Lucia tries to remember all the requests and pleas which the people told them for the Lady from Heaven. She consolidates all of their requests and pleas into one.

"Your Grace, Will You help these other people who suffer from illness and disease?" Lucia asked the Lady from Heaven. "They have suffer much."

"I will cure some of them but not all of them. Our Lord, Jesus Christ, does not have confidence in them," the Lady from Heaven replied. 

"Your Grace, there are people who are willing to have a chapel built here. I would like to ask on what are we going to do," Lucia said.

"Use half of the money to received so far for the litters. On one of them, place the statue of Our Lady of the Rosary. The other half should be set aside to help with the building of the chapel," the Lady from Heaven instructed.

"There are many people saying that I am swindler who should be hanged or burned. Please perform a miracle for all the people to believe," Lucia pleaded.

"Yes, in October, l will perform a miracle so that all may believe that I have appeared," the Lady from Heaven replied. 

"Some people gave me these two letters for you and a bottle of cologne," Lucia said as she brings out the letters and a bottle of cologne. She did not want to forget any of the requests and pleas. 

"None of that is needed in Heaven." the Lady from Heaven replied. After that, the Lady from Heaven turns into a luminous globe and leaves from the holm oak. Lucia quickly stands up and tells the crowd the direction of the Lady from Heaven.

"If you want to see the Lady, look that way!" Lucia shouted as she points to the East. Many people looks at the East as they see a luminous globe ascending towards Heaven. When it reaches Heaven, the luminous globe disappears. After it disappeared, the crowd quickly goes to the three shepherd children and they ask many questions to them.

"Children, what did the Lady from Heaven say?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"Lucia, Francisco, Jacinta, will the Lady cure my boy?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"Will She bring my husband and son back home to safety from war?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"Is the Lady from Heaven willing to help my little daughter?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"What did She look like, children?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"Did you get Her identification, children? Is this mysterious Lady, the Blessed Virgin Mary?" one of the people asked the three shepherd children.

"Throughout the apparitions, She didn't tell us Her name," Lucia replied. After that, many people continuously ask them questions. It's so hard for their parents to get their children and bring them home. When the three shepherd children reached home, more than thousands of people wait to ask the them for more questions regarding their requests and the Lady.