Chapter 63: Hearing Din

October 12, 1917, 7 pm

Carreira's Residence, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

More than thousands of people including Maria da Capelinha believed in the apparitions of the Lady from Heaven. However, there are many people who still disbelieved in the apparitions as there some people threatened the Santos and Marto family if this miracle will turn out to be a hoax or fake. One day, on the evening of the twelfth day of October 1917, Maria da Capelinha goes to the Cova da Iria and founds many people praying and staying there. 

"I can't believe how many people are here praying," Maria da Capelinha thought in mind. After that, she goes near to the holm oak which is now little more than a stripped trunk of a tree. She decorates the holm oak with flowers and ribbons. After that, she goes home. One day, while Maria da Caplelinha's washing dishes, she begins to hear a strange and prolonged noise that echoes from the Cova da Iria to her home in a hamlet.

"What's that strange noise?" Maria da Capelinha thought in mind as she continues hearing noise from the Cova da Iria to her hamlet.

"Hmm... what's that? Where is this noise coming from?" Manuel Carreira, Maria da Caplelinha's husband asked his wife. Like her husband, Manuel Carreira also hears a strange noise.

"I don't know, but I think the noise that we hear are voices came from people who are in the Cova da Iria," Maria da Capelinha replied. "I'm not really sure if this din we heard are voices."

"Oh, I see," Manuel Carreira said. "But, how do you know that that the noise we heard are from the Cova da Iria?" 

"Well, I came from the Cova da Iria about few hours ago. There are many people staying and praying there," Maria da Capelinha replied as she points the direction of the noise where Cova da Iria also locates.

"Oh, I see," Manuel Carreira said. After that, Maria da Capelinha turns at the direction of where the noise came from. 

"I hope none of the secular or atheist politicians like Artur Oliveira Santos and José do Vale would to the Cova da Iria to destroy the Holy place," Maria da Capelinha thought in mind as she becomes worried about it. She thinks of a decision of going to the Cova da Iria tomorrow on her own.

October 13, 1917, 5:30 am

Cova da Iria, Fatima, Ourém, Beira Litoral Province, Portugal

Maria da Capelinha heard strange noises from the Cova da Iria to her home in a hamlet. On the early morning of the thirteenth day of October 1917, before the sun rise at the sky, Maria da Capelinha goes to the Cova da Iria. When she reached at the Cova da Iria, she sees many people praying, weeping, and singing.

"Excuse me, Senhor, did these people stay here the whole night? did you spent the whole night here in the Cova da Iria?" Maria da Capelinha asked one of the people who're at the Cova da Iria.

"Yes, Senhora, almost all of us here spent the night here in the open. For me, I spent here the whole night," one of the people who stayed at the Cova da Iria replied. "We want to become close to the Lady from Heaven which the three seers are talking about."

"Oh, I see," Maria da Capelinha said. After that, she gets near to the holm oak where the Lady from Heaven stood. She becomes sad of knowing that tomorrow will be the Lady's final visit but like everyone else, she waits for the miracle which the Lady from Heaven promised.