LevixViolinist!Reader ~ Play for me

Requested

Modern AU

Levi's POV

"Let me go!" I pulled against Hanji's death-grip as my shoes betrayed me and made me slide forward.

"It won't be long!" She evily smiled. Due to the freezing air, I huffed and gave in.

"You owe me." I glared at her and walked ahead to the huge auditorium. For weeks now, Hanji has been going on and on about her close friend (Y/N) and how she was performing at this national violin competition. This morning she showed up at my house and basically kidnapped me.

"I think you'll enjoy it, she's super good." Hanji smiled. "She's cute, too." She winked.

"No." I said. "I'm not falling for that again."

"I'm serious!" She huffed. "She's super sweet. I think she can tolerate you." I hit her on the head before taking my seat. Of course we just had to sit in the front row.

I leaned back and crossed my arms as the lights went dim and shown only on the stage. I closed my eyes for a minute and eventually fell asleep. I don't know how long it was, but I was suddenly rudely awakened by Hanji violently shaking me.

"It's (Y/N)'s turn!" She whispered. I sighed and turned my attention back to the stage. From the curtain walked out a young lady with beautiful (H/C) hair and bright (E/C) eyes. The whole time she had a big smile on her face.

She walked to the edge of the stage and gave a curtsey. She was wearing a long lavender dress with a pink flower in her hair (*wink wonk*).  She was absolutely breathtaking.

In her hand she carried a mahogany violin. It looked very polished so it must mean a lot to her. The way she looked and carried herself told me all that I needed to know. I have to meet her.

She then walked to the middle of the stage and took a deep breath. Slowly pulling her bow up in the air, she let it glide across the violin. From the second I heard the first note, everything in my vision faded away. It was as if it was just me and her.

Unknowingly, I let myself be completed captivated by her and her music. She was expressing her heart through her music. It felt as if she were performing directly for me. Why did I put up such a fuss about coming here? I didn't want to think about what would have happened if I didn't come. I probably would have never seen (Y/N).

She played quickly and with passion. Every note was perfect. Her hair and dress swayed as she moved her bow. How can someone be this amazing?

Eventually my daydream-like state faded and I was back in my seat. (Y/N) was still on the stage but she was breathing heavily and done playing. Everything was silent until the whole auditorium jumped to their feet in applause.

(Y/N) smiled brightly once again and a tear left her eye at seeing all the support. I should have done the same as everyone else, but my body stayed seated, still in complete shock.

"YES!! THAT'S MY GIRL!!" Hanji yelled above everyone else. (Y/N) laughed and waved her hand. She then looked to me. I felt my heart skip a beat as we made eye contact for the first time. I guess she felt something too because her hand stopped waving and she stood completely still. Eventually the applause died down and she unfortunately had to leave the stage for the next contestant. I could basically feel Hanji grinning at me. She must have noticed, but for some reason, I didn't care.

Tine skip

I was restless until the end of the competition. I wanted to meet (Y/N). No. I had to meet her. She ended up winning the competition. No surprise there.

"Well I'm gone." Hanji got up from her seat and stretched.

"You're not going to congratulate her?" I asked.

"I will later. I'll leave today to you." She winked. I looked away and walked with the crowd out to the lobby. There were multiple scouts crowding around (Y/N). She smiled and gave them her contact information, dismissing herself.

She looked around the lobby and eventually her eyes landed on me. We held eye contact for a few seconds before she slowly made her way through the crowd to me. "H-Hey." She blushed.

"Hi." I managed not to stutter.

"So, you know Hanji?"

"Yeah. I'm Levi."

"(Y/N)." She nodded, obviously nervous. It was awkwardly silent for a few seconds.

"You did really great out there." I scratched the back of my head. Get it together, Levi.

"Thank you." She smiled and my heart skipped a beat again. "I can teach you a little, if you want."

"Actually..." I trailed off. What exactly is it about her? I've never felt any of these feelings before. She's so amazing. "Could you... play for me sometime?" She looked at me in slight shock before blushing again and smiling.

"I'd love that." She said.