LevixFlute-playing!Reader ~ The Forest

Requested

Levi's POV

"Four-eyes!" I called out as I wandered around the park. She insisted on me meeting her here for "something special." I honestly had nothing else better to do, so I figured why not try to be a good friend for once?

I tried calling her cellphone, but it just went to voicemail. I sighed and sat down on a bench. This is the last time I'm being nice.

I groaned and rubbed my temples from frustration as I started hearing a very faint but beautiful sound. It was like when pirates say that mermaids lured them into the water with their song. I, too, felt drawn in. I slowly walked across the park and into the small forest beside it.

I peaked through the tree branches to see a beautiful lady reading music sheets and playing a flute. It was such an amazing sound.

"Still not right..." She mumbled and repeated the same song. I could do nothing but stand there and watch her, completely captivated. I probably looked like a stalker to outsiders, but I really didn't care at that moment.

She eventually finished her song and turned to meet eyes with me. I hadn't even noticed that I had been clapping, drawing her attention.

"Hey there." She smiled at me and for the first time in my life, I felt nervous. "Are you okay?" She asked concernedly.

"Y-Yeah." I accidentally stuttered. Stop it, Levi! "You play the flute really good."

"Thank you." She blushed. "I'm (Y/N)."

"Levi." I shook her hand. So soft.

"Well Levi, what are you doing out here?" She asked. "Not many people come into the forest."

"Well I was waiting on my friend, but then I heard your music and followed it." I told her.

"Your friend wouldn't happen to be Hanji, would it?" She questioned.

"Yeah?" I answered. "She asked me to meet her at the park, but she hasn't showed up yet."

"She told me to meet her around here, too." (Y/N) shrugged. "She said she'd be bringing her friend Levi. She talks about you and Erwin a lot."

"Oh great. What does she say?" I groaned.

"Good things actually." She chuckled. "She thinks very highly of you. You're a really strong person, and not just physically."

"Oh..." I felt my cheeks grow a tiny bit pink. Not because of Hanji, but because apparently (Y/N) already knows a lot about me.

"I see my plan worked itself out." I turned around to see a smirking Hanji.

"And where were you?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Just watching." She chuckled darkly.

"So why did you ask us to meet you, Hanji?" (Y/N) spoke up.

"Well..." She smiled and wandered around. "I thought you two would make a cute couple!" She exclaimed and ran off, which was a smart idea. Last time she tried to set me up with one of her friends, it didn't go too well. Apparently some girls don't like guys shorter than Napoleon was.

"I'm sorry about her." (Y/N) and I both said at the same time, causing us both to chuckle. Yes, both of us. What is wrong with me??

"You know, I wouldn't exactly mind it..." (Y/N) blushed and looked down at the ground.

"Mind what?" I asked.

"I know we just met and all, but I've heard a lot of great things about you." She finally made eye contact with me. "I wouldn't mind going on a date with you sometime." I was honestly shocked and my heartbeat started to pick up. "Which of course if you don't want to, that's totally fine-!"

"Yeah." I cut her off, allowing a small smile to creep onto my face. "I wouldn't mind that either." She smiled brightly and gave me a gentle hug. Her hair smells so good...

I sighed in relief and wrapped my arms around her, too. Maybe being nice to Hanji wasn't exactly a bad thing... this time.