Chapter 2

I woke up in a white room. My hand was in cast and I felt sore all over. How did this happen? Then I remembered it all and I winced in pain. I know I was not the best person to be with but moon goddess why does you have to make me so much like this?

"No, it is not I am not letting it happen" I heard Jeremiah's voice. He is the one who have saved me. He then turned silent. "ok then let them come I will see how they can do it again" He shouted. "She is staying here till she gives birth you don't know that child could be mine so I am responsible god dammit"

Then there was a crushing sound came. I heard a cry a cry of woman. Oh, maybe she is his mate. That means it is a very bad situation I am in and I only made one rule and I am not going to break it.

I saw the girl walk inside with Jeremiah. He looked at me and smiled sadly. He cannot meet my eye. Neither can I meet his eye. I was ashamed of it. I do not want to break his and his mate apart and I don't want to take away a chance for happily ever after.

"Hey how are you feeling?" he asked. "fine my whole-body hurts" I said truthfully. "Yes it should be better in few days." He said still not looking at me. I must have been looked very bad. Yes that should be it. "Who is she?" I asked. "I am his Eldora his mate. And you are someone who should not be here" She is right I should not be here.

A feeling of dread settled in my stomach. What if he comes for me then where I will go? What I will do? "You are safe here Winter. You are in my territory now and you are pregnant with possibly my child. I know I have found my mate but I cannot just avoid it you know. You are safe here as long as I am alive no harm will come to you. Rest we will talk later" He pulled Eldora by her arm and they again started to quarrel ones they thought I was out of hearing distance.

I shied. I better make a plan because if I don't, I am going to be breaking them apart. Jeremiah is only one who had ever treated me good and I cannot be a reason that he cannot have his happily ever after.

I woke up again to saw Jeremiah looking intently at me. "Here you go" He said holding a glass of water on my mouth. "T...Thanks" I said softly taking few sips. "You are healing well enough in few days you would be fine. They gave some of my blood to you for speedy recovery." I nodded finding a way to break the news to him. I hated to leave my only friend but I have to go in order to make sure I don't break him and his mate apart.

"Where is Eldora?" I asked. His expression saddens at mention of her name and I just expected to hear the bad news. "She left" What? Why? Why did she left? "Because of me isn't it?" I asked. "No... don't think like that. If she is so much insecure and does not trust me may be, she should not be my mate. She does not deserve to." He said firmly.

But I caught the hint of a broken voice. He is just saying all these things to make the good for nothing me feel better. He is breaking apart inside and only trying to keep himself look strong in front of all of us. I know how it feels because I am doing this since I know what is life and what it is to live.

"You should go after her and make amends may be" I suggested. "And then what she comes back and saw you here and the fight starts all over again?" He asked. "If it is a problem then I should walk away from you and your mate" I didn't want to come it out like this. But I really don't want to be a reason him and his mate broke apart.

"No, I won't allow it." He roared. "It can be my child and It will be my responsibility. I cannot allow you to walk away. Look what happened when I turned my back just for a second now you want me to leave you alone on your own just like that?" He asked.

I huffed what is all the male wolf and their desire to prove all female population are worthless. I can take care of myself. I would have healed on my own time like I always do. Or I would apply some of salve that old nice lady had once given me and it would have worked like magic.

"I don't know what to feel about it Jeremiah you are my only friend and I don't want to hurt you. I want you to find your mate and apologize to her. Please don't let her go because of someone as stupid as me" I slumped back on my bed.

He sat beside me and took my hand in his. No there are no sparks. I don't know if I can feel them because I am not a wolf. His hand was warm against mine. He radiated of warmth. I like it. "You are not Stupid Winny" He said using my nickname from childhood. Winny the poo. I hate that name. It is lame I know. But that is Jeremiah for you.

"Stop calling me Winny you Jerk." I said. He is my best friend and I was kind of hoping for him being my mate but then again life happened to me. I guess I do have a rotten luck when comes to these things. "By the way, happy sixteenth birthday." He said producing a Winny the poo cupcake from his hand.

"You made me that?" I asked. "Yes, I did, now make a wish" he said lighting the candle and I blew it. I wished for his happiness. Yes, I am not all selfish. "Are you alright now?" he asked. "I have better" I said. He placed a sweet kiss on my temple and another one on my mouth.

I cannot help but sigh. He is so good and I am had nothing but bad bones all over my body all inside of me. I looked at my hands and saw it was marked all over by claws. Another one to add up to my prestigious collection of scars, I am tired of it. But I need to escape.

I want him to have a life with his mate and not to fight for a good for nothing like me. I have to run away broke ties with this pack and mine. I could just use the rest until few days. Just few days and I can just heal a little or maybe I could just walk to my hiding place and well I could just use it as a shelter till I give birth. Yes that would be wise.

I have to just wait until everyone is asleep. I have to walk away now before I do more damage than I already did. I waited for everything to be silent. Once his pack fall asleep, I sneaked my way out into the garden and from there towards my own house.

I just need few things but after that I would run. That is the best option. I don't know where I will go or if I am capable of surviving on my own out there. But I have to for goodness of the people I care most about.

I rummage through my closet and packed the necessary items in my small bag. It had everything to support me for few days. Maybe I can hunt later. This is my chance. I thought.

I looked at the door of my house and walked out. This is it I am free now. No more fear. No more hiding. But my hopes were short lived as I was about to cross the boundary someone yanked me back. 'Leaving so soon?" He said and I shivered. No anyone but him.

Word Count: 1410 Words