Chapter 16

Few days passed and all we did was meet and made plans. Plans to prevent the next attack, but there should not have been an attack on the first place. It should have been safe. It should have been a safe place for me and Dante. But I think trouble always finds me.

And After receiving a note this morning, I think I am putting all these people in danger. I look at them going back and forth with patrols and guards. All of it because of one girl and one threat issued at my name.

It was a week since he came here. He left dark pack on his Beta' s command and he came to protect me. I don't want him here. In fact I don't want anyone to risk their life for me. "I think you all should stop" And that earned me a glare from Jeremiah and Victor. "I don't need any protection, you should think about your pack rather than protection of a wolf less girl"

"All I know is there is threat issued in your name. People want to have you for some reason. Some very bad people and I cannot take that chance of you getting kidnapped on my watch" Jeremiah said. "Maybe I can just go away, you know away from all this, find a new place, a new job maybe move to a entire different continent"

"No she is right maybe it would be good if she lay low for a while. She can always come to my pack with me. No one would ever dare to attack her there. It is the most feared pack after the Royal and Rogue ones." I don't want to go back there with him.

"you cannot take her. Last time she was in you beat her to death. You think I would let you get to her this easily and take her back to your pack" Jeremiah argued. "I will go with him..." Jeremiah was about to protest. "Not as his mate. I just go as a person who needs protection" I made it clear to everyone.

"Ok, then. I will be waiting outside you can pack your bags and meet me by the car" Victor said walking out. He seems kind of pissed off by my sentence. But hey after what he did no one want to be close to him like that. Not even me. I am not that much goody too shoes.

"I don't have to pack much, some of mine and Dante's stuff and I will be ready to go" I said to Eldora who was looking at me worriedly. "Are you sure you want to do this?" It could be dangerous for you and Dante. He is not someone you can trust easily.", she said. "I know he cannot be trusted. But he is my best option. His pack is one of the most feared pack in entire werewolf world. It is some place they would never dare to venture." I said half heartedly.

As I neared his car, warning bell started to ring in my mind. I don't know what my heart wants but my mind telling me to run the hell away from this place. Jeremiah placed a sleeping Dante on the backseat. He was not happy, but he has no other choice. He has to respect my wishes and I wish to protect him just like he wanted to protect me.

"Call me if you need anything" He hugged me. He pulled back and said "I mean it. Anything. I am here for you, we will always got your back" He said. Eldora was next. "Promise to call once you reached" She said softly. "Sure, as soon as we are there I will call for sure" I hugged her back. And then I went into car where Victor was waiting impatiently for me.

He started the engine and drove out of the pack territory. "They seem really sad to see you go. Even Luna, even when she knew that you were former love interest of the alpha. And still she wants to save you. She is one foolish woman. She cannot see what I can"

"Ya? And what is that?" I asked getting irritated. "He looks at you like a precious little thing" He said stepping on the gas. "Sure, you might want to slow down we have a child and he is frightened to death if he sees you going about one hundred and fifty miles per hours." I shouted. "He should not be afraid of little speed, after all he is the future alpha. If he wants to be. He just might want to show it from now".

"He is not going to be an alpha, he is a child and he have right to enjoy his childhood. There will be no part of my family that will be going to associate with you" He pushed over the break so hard that my heart almost come out of my mouth.

"Are you crazy? What you want to do kill me?" I shouted. He looked at me and then pulled my hands so we were closer than before. "Never. Shout. At. Me. Ever" He repeated each syllable with intensity that had frightened me to core. He is far more dangerous than what was chasing me.

He left my hand and started the car engine. One thing I was sure about that I have to get away from him as soon as possible. And I have to do it for Dante's sake. If it is not for me, then for my innocent child I have to go out of his grasp.

"We are stopping for the night" He said and got out. I carried Dante in my arms and held him closer to me. My precious little boy, I will never ever let anything ever happen to you.

"Alright, that would be it" He handed me a key. I walked upstairs and opened the door. "Where are you staying?" I asked. "Here in this room, with you" He answered. I dropped my small backpack on the floor and placed Dante on bed. "You can get changed into something comfortable" He said.

"I am good it is a little chilly I think I will be fine like this" There is no way I could be trusting you with my kid. "Ok, you want to eat something?" He asked. For the guy who almost wolf out on me, he is asking quite nicely. No I am not going to fall for his Mr. Nice guy act. Not anymore anyways.

"You know I am not that much hungry you can eat what you want to. I might just get some sleep. And well we can be on the road early". He looked at me and said "I might just get some sleep as well". "Oh no, you don't have to stop on my account I mean go and do whatever you want to. I think I will be fine with Dante here"

He lightly pulled me to him. This time his hands were gripping me firmly but it was not painful. "You are my mate, and I need you close. Now which part of my sentence is so hard for you to understand?" He asked. "Every little part of it, I am not sure I am your mate in any way. In fact I rejected you"

"Do you want me to prove how much of a mate I am to you? Do you want me to prove that you are mine?" His canines lengthen and his eyes turned black. "You are scaring me" I said softly. He put his head on crook of my neck and I went rigid with fear. He is not going to mark me do he?

He pulled back and his eyes gone back to their usual silver shade. "See that? That is why I need you. You can tame my monster. My beast. You are my mate and there is a reason why I need you close to me Mon Amore". "Don't please, get away from me, Please" I felt tears escape from my eyes.

"Fine, but just for tonight, you are going to be my side, as my queen." He said and left the room with that.

Word Count: 1386 Words