Chapter 17

Next morning I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee. I saw breakfast placed on the table but he was nowhere to be found. I walked towards the table and sat on the couch. I anticipated before picking up anything. What if it is all a trap and I faint? What if he adds something to it and then take advantage of the situation? "It is not poisoned" I heard his voice which made my head snap at his direction.

He was just out of the shower, his dark hairs looked darker with water droplets still falling from it. He was dressed in black t-shirt and ripped jeans. To me he did not looks like an alpha Prince but a typical badass. "Done checking me out Mon Amore?" He asked. There goes my good mood down in drain. Can he not keep his mouth shut and not state the obvious?

"Just stop calling me that, I am not your anything" His face changed into a scowling one. One thing I don't understand is why my life have to be this much complicated. If I was regular girl, which I am as regular as it can be in werewolf world I could have hold hands and sing kumbaya and no one would have cared. But I have to get stuck with all this crap.

He picked up a piece of toast and ate it. And let me tell you there is nothing graceful about it. "I am going to take a shower can you watch Dante he tends to look for Jeremiah as soon as he wakes up. Don't disappoint my little boy" I said picking up my cloths. "Ours, He is our little boy, not only yours." He said under his breath but as usual I didn't reply to his voice.

I got dressed hastily after taking a short shower. I don't want to be get caught in any awkward situation. Not with him on the opposite side like ever. "Are you ready? Dante is looking for you" He said. I nodded and picked Dante up brushed his teeth, and changed him. Dante started to ask for Jeremiah. So Victor picked him up in his arms and Dante being Dante started to kick him, telling him that he only wants his Jeremiah.

I have to admit it is quite funny to watch him like that. "What happened the Rogue Prince of werewolves cannot even deal with a little kid?" I asked. If looks could kill me I would have been six feet under now. But sadly for him, he did not possess such power. I picked Dante off him. "Come on Dante do not bother Alpha Victor now." He listened like a good child.

Victor glared at me. "You knew he will not listen to me. You knew that" He accused. "It is not my fault that he did not know the person who almost killed his mother. He will not ever appreciate knowing that." I said. And before he could answer I walked out of the room leaving him alone with his thoughts. I am not in mood to listen to one of his lectures right now.

Someone pulled me towards him and I almost lost my grip on Dante. I was about to give the person peace of his mind when everything froze. I looked at the person and he belonged to my worse nightmare. He was someone I was running away from. "L...Lance?" I stuttered. It is not good. "So Pseudo wolf you are far away from home. Is there is anything I can know about? And who is that you are with?" He asked.

His hand over me tightened. I felt fear creeping in. "You think you can hide but you are so wrong." He put his hand over my shoulder and pulled my hairs. In cried but no one came forward to help. "I told you, we had some friends to take care off. Did you know how much that had cost me? Now you are going to pay me every little penny." No I don't want to go back there. Not to him. I don't want my son to face same things I did in the pack.

"I suggest that you leave my mate alone, if you fear your life". I never had been happy hearing that voice before. Right now, I was so happy that I could kiss the earth he walks upon. "I am sorry what did you said?" Lance asked. "I said leave my mate and my son alone." Victor pushed me beside him. And he went on neck to neck with Lance. "You don't know what you are dealing with kid" Victor smirked and that never ever meant a good thing. He looked at me and said "Wait outside"

I was rigid with fear and my feet were rooted at the place. I didn't wanted to leave him and Lance alone. For he could simply kill Lance, But Lance can also hurt Victor badly. "Leave us alone Mon Amore" This time he repeated a little harshly. I managed a nod before walking out. But me being me hid beside the large window and looked at them. I cannot quite hear them but I can see Victor getting angry. I don't want them to fight. I don't want them to hurt each other.

I sat down with my head in hands. I was so afraid that I cannot even look at their direction. So I counted minutes... One... two... three... four... With each passing minute my heart rate gone haywire, my mind filled with dreadful thoughts. My hands and legs were shaking. I somehow managed to look inside and saw Victor on top of Lance. 

He was beating him, My hand shook involuntarily. My lips quiver as I tried to shout his name and tell him to stop. I was so afraid of him. So afraid of this face of his. Last few days he had been so compassionate, respecting my wishes, I almost forgot who he was in reality. And I am afraid of this reality, his reality.

Victor stopped as his eyes met mine. He stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out. He walked towards me and said "Let's go" His voice was cold. His eyes held an Icy expression. He was very good hiding his true feelings. I followed him to his car and he told me to sit and buckle up. We are not going to make any stops before entering the Dark pack's territory. Something was up. Something was definitely up with him.

He didn't talked to me for a while and the silence was started to get to me. I sat beside him, stiff in the seat. I was too afraid to talk. Lance had found me and he will not stop until he is got to me. That is definitely not a very good thought. And I am still worried about what he had said to Victor. No one knows my truth, no one not even Jeremiah. I saw Dante looking at the road from the back seat. Maybe I was not meant to be here, maybe I was meant to be alone with Dante.

Victor pushed the breaks too hard. I almost crashed with the windshield. And let me tell you it hurt so fucking much. Thank to lords for the invention of seat belts. I saw his expression. It was murderous and the way he was holding the steering wheel, his knuckles almost turned white. 

He was so angry, that he was literally shaking. I was afraid that he might shift in here. And that would be disastrous. His eyes were closed and when he opened them, there were golden. His wolf is in control of his body and that is never really a good thing.

"He will be dead for trying to harm my Luna" His voice was dangerous, but at the same time it was comforting. If I had an inner wolf she would had been jumping with joy right now. I tried to hold his hand and he entwined his fingers. "I am sorry, My Luna that I was not there to protect you. But from this day forward I will always protect you. Always." He promised, or rather his wolf promised.

"Victor," I paused. "Ryker, yours always Ryker" He said in still deep voice. "Thank you for standing by my side" I said softly. He kissed my forehead and for the first time I felt relaxed in his arms. "Always My Luna, always" He said softly as we watched the sun setting over the horizon.

Word Count: 1445 Words