Chapter 40

It was the day, we are all waiting for their arrival, Lance and Norman. Yes, It is concluded that we should invite them to our home ground, a place where it would be our advantage. If they tried anything we know this place by heart. We can easily navigate through the woods.

The plan was ready, but I was still very much terrified about it all. I held Victor's arms tightly. He Didn't flinched. I saw Lance coming towards us. And he have anything but pure intentions about my baby girl. "Well, Well, Well if it's not my slut sister and her troubled mate." Lance said.

Norman came and stood beside him and he looked at me from my head to toe, I shivered in disgusted looking at his gaze. "Luna, you look gorgeous as always." Norman said. I looked at him straight into the eyes. "Last time if your mate hadn't come in my way, I could have killed you and your pathetic excuse of a son that day. But Victor have a strange habit of reaching wrong place at right times" He said.

I looked at victor who looked angry. "Your mate was fool, he was trying to save you, he thought I would leave you if he handed me over his previous love interest, I will spare you, his pathetic mate. See I always had known he was your mate. Some connections can be seen through eyes. I saw it and it was his weak spot. He fell for you, even before he realised it. And I cannot have that. For I wanted to rule"

Victor's eyes turned black, his skin walker side had taken control over him. I held his hand trying to control him. This can turn bad to ugly. This can be destructive and our plan can go down the drain. I looked at him. "Don't" I said. He swiftly put his head in crook of my neck and inhaled and exhaled slowly. He looked at me, his eyes turned grey again.

"You are right Mon Amore." He turned towards Lance and Norman. "You have taken, Amaryllis Dawn Donovan, the crown princess of Rogue alliance, For this treason you are given a fair trial if you hand over the princess to us now." Lance laughed at this. I am really getting irritated with this and he don't want me to take them with my new found powers.

"Give that little twat back? She looks even beautiful then the mother she will fetch a high price for us in the market. As for your bitch we will take her with us. And then I will show you how we deal with the bitches, you my dear will be star in my own haram. Victor started to get angry again. "Please don't" I said.

 I am deeply concerned about my daughter. "You told in the note that if I come to you willingly you let my family go, you will never harm them" Lance smirked "So, you did decipher the code, I thought you might have forgotten it by now, Princess" He said the last word like venom.

"Please I am begging you, give my daughter back." I said. "First you come to me and I will take the seed if darkness, Black witch had planted within you, with that seed I will revive her. The powerful dark witch." I nodded. "Please just give my daughter back" I pleaded. "Life for a life" Victor gripped my hand "I have to baby I am sorry" I said softly kissing his cheek.

Dawn was back in her father's hand. I kissed her and then stood beside Lance and Norman. "Good choice. Now, you must give the seed, the ultimate source of your power witch. The ultimate force on this earth." I nodded. I gave him my hand so he can take it whatever he thinks I am hiding.

"Stop them, if he take out that seed from her she will die. She cannot survive without it" I looked at my Victor who handed my daughter to Amara, who came with this information. And then he ran towards me. "Stop them" I felt my life force got drained from me. I felt faint. "No, Please no." Victor shouted.

I spasmed and cried. Dark black tears came out of my eyes. "Collect it, we need every little essence of the dark force" Norman said to Lance. Their warriors were busy fighting ours. The war broke as soon as Victor jumped in to save me. Norman kept on hitting me. I never felt this kind of hatred in a man before. He not only hated me, he resented me to a point that he didn't care if he was killing someone's mate, someone's family, someone's mother. But then again he was always was like this.

Victor pulled me into his lap after He finished Norman off. Lance was however nowhere to be found. I am afraid he might again come for my daughter. "Lance, he will come for my daughter, Dawn our Dawn, promise me you are going to keep her safe. And find someone to love" I said.

Victor shook his head in no. "I am good as a corpse I cannot do anything, nor can you do anything about this anymore Victor. This was my fate, I have always known that to save this world I have to die, But you don't have to. You can live and see the world for me. I will see them through you, my son and my daughter. My two precious angel, and you Victor are my saviour"

I looked around me all the trees seem to look dull, the nature is losing it. I am dying and my magic is dying with it. I am feeling their sadness. I am feeling their pain. But I wanted to have one last short. I am still not dead yet. I wanted to use my magic for some good. Something that will protect my entire family and this entire castle forever.

"Mon Amore, you cannot leave me alone, how am I going to go on without you.?" He asked. I smiled and touched his cheek. "It's spiky, I Love it spiky" he laughed softly at this. "You always was a strange and unique woman Love. I love you so much" He said kissing my forehead.

"Victor we do not have much time," Amara said and placed something on me. I felt sharp pain spread all over my body. "What are you...?" The words I cannot hear them anymore the pain is totally unbearable. "Bite her, only way..." The words got muted again.

I felt my hand came in contact with a soft grass and I knew it was what nature wanted me to do. With my remaining life force I willed myself to conjure up a spell. A spell so powerful that it will never let any harm come to this place, This is my home and I will protect it that way. I will do anything to protect it, to protect my family.

I sung softly the song of nature as I found the glass glowling. I found myself feading at same time. Someone jerked me upwards and took me somewhere. I felt cold, I have no warmth left. I felt something tearing into my flesh. Those were the painful moments I willed myself to close my eyes fast.

It is the time to say goodbye to this world for the final time. I just have one regret that, I didn't able to love my mate fully. I wanted to do that. I love him so much. Last thing I saw before closing my eyes was his grey mesmerising eyes. I close my eyes and let myself drift/

It was endless abyss that I felt myself going to. I don't know what to do. I saw a glowing figure. And I saw flowers like no other. "Those were the moon flowers. Those were something given to those who are about to enter after life." The lady said. "And you are?" I asked. "I am celine, the moon goddess." She said smiling.

I was about to the flower but she stopped me. "Once you touch those there is no going back. You will stuck here till eternity." She said softly. "Can I go back?" I asked. "No, and yes, you can go back to your old life the choice s yours. What it will be? You can go back to your old life and change everything happen. Or you can stay here and be dead like all those people, you will see everything but you then will never be part of your children's life." 

I wanted that more than anything. "I want to go back" I said. "Protect your Daughter Dawn, she is special and she will define the future of the world" She said and her voice faded away. My eyes slowly closed again.

Word Count: 1492 Words