Chapter 30

I stopped for the day at a motel. After reaching safe distance from the pack. I was praying not to encounter any kind of hostile environment and atmosphere. Dante woke up and started looking for Victor. I have to lie to my own son again. I don't know if Victor will keep me alive after that.

I thought you said you are not going to leave Mon Amore

I jolted awake as his voice entered my mind. I need to move out of here before he founds my Location yet again. It had been three days since I ran away and three days since he is chasing me. 

Yet somehow, I managed to be not getting caught and managed not getting into any kind of trouble. Without thinking twice, I walked out of the motel room and carried Dante with me.

I yet again managed to disappear into the night. I am close to Royal palace now. I never been there in person, but My mother and father have. I wanted to inform them nothing much. I just want to prevent the massacre m mate wanted.

 I don't want my future and my children future to be tainted by blood. Blood of the innocent men and Women my mate want to slaughter mercilessly.

I didn't saw the big wolf almost ran into my jeep and I pressed the brakes with all my might. The wolf changed and became a boy who looked few years younger than my mate. A very naked handsome boy. He looked at me and then said "State your purpose visiting our lands Rouge."

I am not a Rogue. "I will only answer if I know who I am speaking to". "I am Crown Prince Xavier Anderson, son to king Xander and Queen Destiny. State your name and pack Rogue." He said again. "I am Winter Richards Luna of the Dark Pack and Mate of Alpha Prince Victor Donavon"

He growled loudly hearing his name. "Any member of Dark pack is to be prosecuted and executed immediately, you really have a death wish if you have come here" I shivered at his icy tone. "Fine you can kill me, but that will not help you. I need to see King Ronan and Luna Paige" I said. He shied and said "I will drive you to the pack cells and then you will face them." He took the driver position and drove towards the castle.

So, I am a prisoner here. I am pregnant too, cant they see that? Was it a mistake coming here? "My Aunt and uncle want to see you in their court, you are one Lucky girl." That made me laugh bitterly. 

"Lucky? I don't thing being whipped by your mate and threatened to be killed by him are considered Lucky when you are with a child." I said and he looked at me wide eyes. "He did what?" I smile at him and shook my head slowly. "Nothing that you have to be worried about." I said.

He stopped the jeep and got off then he pulled something from behind the tree and got dressed into his sweat pants. "Come on, I will carry your son" He took Dante and walked beside me towards the place he called the Court. I walked inside and stood in front of four thrones. Two black and two white marble ones. The black was as same as the one back in Dark pack.

I bowed in front of Kings and Queens of werewolves. "Rise up" I heard a voice say. I look at the familiar pair of eyes, Those grey mesmerising eyes. "State your name and pack" Another voice said. "No need to, I know you are my Son's mate. Luna of the Dark pack" King Ronan spoke. "How?" I asked. 

"I can sense him all over you. And I can see what he did to you." He said. "I know he can kill me for treason now, but I am here with some information. My mate is planning an attack on your pack. He wants you dead." I said and then released my breath.

Ronan looked at me from head to toe. "Paige, dear can you see this girl gets proper living arrangement, some warm cloths and food in her stomach before we discuss it further?" Queen Paige stood up and she took me with her towards the living quarters.

 Xavier followed with Dante in his arms. He placed him on the bed and said "My nephew looks nothing like you, nor like your mate." I shied. "It is because he is not his father, Dante is my son in all ways. I used to have red hairs before it magically turned white."

"Xavy stop questioning her. She needs rest, and don't judge her before you know what exactly happened in her life" I was not even fazed by his questions. "It's ok queen Paige, I was questioned my whole life. I am not angry or upset" Xavier looked at me with his perfect hazel eyes. "I didn't meant to offend you" He said softly. "It's ok" I said and he nodded before he left.

"Xavier is troubled and in ways more tormented than Victor." Queen Paige said. "Queen Paige you don't really have to be here" I said. "Oh I do, I always wanted to meet my Son's mate. He might have forgotten us, but we didn't forgot him. Not even for a day. I miss my son, and regret every day for the moment when Ronan had sent him away." She almost cried. "You look Filthy not fit for a princess, come on let's get you wash up.

She helped me with washing and as soon as she removed my cloths She gasped. "Your body it is..." She paused. "Filled with marks? I know, the whip lashes are curtsy of your son. He gave them so generously, then he tricked me seeing he has changed, In reality he haven't not even a bit." I said pulling the robe she provided me with. "I think that he have this strange kind of obsession with defeating his father and ruining his empire. I don't want any more blood on my mate's hand."

She gave me a dress and braided my hairs after drying them. "Now you look pretty as a princess." I heard a knock and a maid came in with a tray. "Eat something and then we can return back to my husband's office to discuss the matter further.

As I neared the office I heard a distant voice in my head

You have betrayed me Mate, you said you will never leave and you did

I clutched Queen Paige's hand tightly. "Are you alright Winter?" I shook my head in no. "Victor he is near and he knows" I said. "Come let's inform Ronan" She said looking at me with concern. She barged into the meeting room where I saw new faces. "Daniel, Amara when you made it here?" Paige left my side and hugged them. "We heard about the new Princess in town and came to see her. She might be her" I heard the man say.

"Winter She is Queen Celestine and King Daniel Kingston of Andalusia, the Angel kingdom." I nodded bowing a little. "Oh no need for formalities with us, call me Em and him Daniel, right my good Alpha?" He nodded "whatever you say Alpha" Daniel replied playfully.

The strange ache in my heart increased, why my mate cannot be like them? Playful, uncomplicated, loving? Paige hugged me "Victor is Lost, I know my son, he is not bad, it is like he have this darkness inside of him and nothing can take it out of it. I know he will come around soon. Love is a strong emotion Winter, it can conquer everything."

I know she wanted to reassure me but, I know him Victor. I know that he is not only lost, he is gone too far in his mad rage. I fear not for me but for our unborn child will he harm me and it?

I heard a roar came from outside, then a voice too familiar. "Alpha Ronan Luca Donovan, surrender your crown and my mate if you want to avoid the blood war on your castle ground. I Victor, Crown Prince challenge you for your kingdom and my traitor mate. She should face the consequences of her betrayal and you should pay for every pain you have caused me. You have twenty four hours before we attack"

 I looked at Paige and she said "We are not surrendering anything to anyone. Not when he could kill his own child" Ronan nodded. "I will protect my grandchild with every possible cost I have to pay"

Word Count: 1462 Words