Chapter 23

I woke up groggily with a hazy memory about last night. I was not so sure about what happened last night. There it was a slight pain in my neck and when I looked at my hand I saw nothing. In fact I was in Victor's shirt. Panic gripped me. Did I just? No please I didn't slept with him, I cannot sleep with him and do not know it. It would be the lowest I can go.

 I sat up on my bed and look beside me. Surely, there was no certain sign of Victor. I walked towards my mirror, my sore muscles protesting against it. God how rough he was with me last night? Then I saw it a slight bump on my shoulder. When I touched it, it pained me.

So I took off the shirt and saw an angry red scar. I almost screamed in frustration. How dare he? He marked me and didn't even asked for my permission. I thought it was a bad dream apparently it was more than just a nightmare. It was my reality. I am almost bonded to him again and rejecting him this time will only mean killing him. 

I cannot kill a person no matter how much I hate that person or think about killing him. I looked at it again and surely it was perfect half moon shaped teeth marks embedded onto my skin. It wont fully turn until I have mated to him fully.

I walked out clutching his shirt tightly around me. He was playing with Dante. He looked at me and his eyes were cast down. That's right he should be looking down. He should be ashamed of what he did. He should be because I am so angry at him right now that I can kill him. I stood up before him and tapped my foot impatiently.

 "Just because you have marked me forcefully, do not expect me to mate with you. Because I will not" He nodded silently. "Mama, why mad at dada?" That should have made me angry but it tugged my heart. He is calling him dad. Oh my poor baby.

I picked him up and cradle him in my arms. I held him closer to myself for he is such an innocent soul. I don't want to make him a weapon of war, nor do I want him to caught in middle of my problems. "I am not mad at anyone baby boy. Now what do you have for mama here?" I asked looking at his hands smeared with chocolate.

 "Made pancakes" I smiled and kissed his little fingers. "Thank you my precious little baby" I said softly. "I should probably go" Victor said catching my attention. Yes, you should now I don't really am in mood of talking with you.

He looked at Dante again before walking towards his room. I noticed that he had trying to feed Dante. So he wants to be a mommy. Let's make him mommy. I walked inside the room and looked at him while he was taking his coat.

 "I..." He paused trying to find words to say. This is where we had been to. He does not have a word to say to me. He does not know what to say or what to do. "I... I wont be coming back till evening." He informed shuttering badly. Maybe it is because of the fact that I was glaring at him angrily. 

"We need to talk Victor, and yes this is about the fact that you had marked me forcefully, you tried to take control of my life even after you had hurt me so much. You had hurt me more than Lance did."

After I said it I realised I shouldn't have said that. It was a darker part of me. A part I don't want anyone to ever see. But the damage was done because a growl ripped through Victor's throat and his eyes turned golden. His canines lengthen and he almost shifted then and there. 

"Move" he said in half growling and half shouting tone. Something inside me does not want to move away from him. I looked into his eyes and it frighten me for some reason. I cannot move I am frozen at place. I heard a shrill cry of my kid.

He was afraid too. But Victor is not moving he was watching me with Predatory gaze and accessing my every move as if he will pounce any second and I won't be able to do anything, well I cannot do anything against a fully grown wolf.

"Touch him" I heard a voice inside my head out of nowhere. I was too terrified to move let alone attempt to touch him. My hand refused to move as he kept staring down at me. Now fully transformed into his wolf, he snarled at me baring his canines.

 I almost shirked in fear as Dante walked towards him. I tried to pull Dante away from him but he snarled again stopping me into my tracks. He picked Dante up holding the neck of his onsie and put him over his back. Then before even I can do anything he ran out of the house.

I ran after them but I was nowere nearly fast. I know what animals do to the cubs they think aren't there own. And I was so afraid that victor will hurt Dante. Somehow I was very much afraid for my child. Dante does not know about danger. 

He is fearless and that is what I am afraid about most. I decided to find them. But as a I ventured the forest grounds I only look around me to the vast stretch of lands covered in thick vines and trees. It was almost impossible to navigate through it. I cried out in frustration.

Suddenly I heard a noise, kind of like made from large horn. "We are under attack" Someone said. "Luna we need to protect you. You must go to the safe house with other women and children." Someone pushed me to someone and then I was carried off to somewhere. 

I trashed in their arms but they kept a firm grip over me. I cried and shouted that my baby is still out there with their mad alpha but they didn't listened. And then I was locked in what looked like a bunker and I was unable to do anything.

All the time I was in there I tried to remain calm and silent. I wanted to find what happened with my son. And he is only thing that really matters in my life right now or ever. I can never ever forgive myself if something did actually happened to him. It was my soul responsibility to protect him.

I cannot hear a thing, and that what frighten me more. What if something happens to us? What if they lose the fight? Wolves are social creatures, but not all of them fits in that queue. No, they don't sometimes they are just savages. They are not abide by any rules.

I heard muffled and scared voices. All around me women and children were hurdled in groups prying for their mates. And I was not even concern. Because I am just concern about my little boy. My own flesh and blood. "Luna, He will be fine. Alpha is a strong warrior" I nodded stiffly.

I know he is, but will he protect what is mine to protect. He is not his pup. He is my son. And it wont be surprising if his wolf don't feel need to protect the only thing I have which is not of his. And it makes me terrified to core.

I didn't not whimpered though I wanted to but I didn't. Not in front of all these people. These are not someone in front of whom I would like to whimper or cry. I will not do all those things not now at least. I just wanted to have my son back. Suddenly I heard a moment. Then the door of bunker was opened.

"Where is my son?" I asked. "Your Son is safe" The beta I guess replied me. I shied in relief. But their faces looked solomeon. "What happened what are you not telling me" I asked them. "Tell me I command you" I said my voice increasing.

"It's a...alpha h...he is I...Injured badly. H...he was protecting h...his s...son, while the rogues attacked him. It was a surprised attack. He killed the rogue but he was hurt badly."

"Take me to him, Now"I roared only thinking that how wrong I was about Victor.

Word Count: 1450 Words