Chapter 39

I half leapt and half ran towards the exit of the room. My body started to transform as the wolf spirit within me awaken. She wanted blood of the one who had taken her pup. "Mon Amore" Victor cried in horror. I felt my bones breaking and realigning themselves. I fell down crying. Damn this hurts too much. I felt him pick me up as I tried to claw myself out of his arms. Victor didn't let go.

He looked at me in pain. I know he can feel every ounce of it, that was how much strong our bond is. He placed me down outside the pack house and I spasmed more. The few minutes of shift felt like an eternity. I felt hairs erupting all over my body. Then I find myself standing at all fours. I saw a large black wolf come out and nuzzled on my neck. Ryker.

"my Luna you look beautiful, like the moon itself" Ryker's voice floated inside my head. "Come I will take you to the waterfall, you can look at your beautiful self there" I barked in response. And we both broke into run. He stood right beside me and then he changed back into Victor. Victor stroked through my fur. I purred and rolled on my back. "You are beautiful as always Mon Amore, and your wolf is divine." He said.

I looked myself in the water, pure white fur lined my body and unique silver-blue eyes graced my face. I barked happily. Victor smiled "I told you, you look magnificent, my Alpha." He said sitting on his knees and tilting his neck in submission. My wolf purred at this. "Come let's go back I will give you my shirt" He shifted back and we both ran out towards Crescent Moon's territory.

After we got dressed properly, Victor called Ronan, and he told us to come back with Jeremiah and Eldora, for he too have some news for us. I was concerned about my daughter. Victor too looked half heartened. He just wanted his princess to return home safely. Eldora and Jeremiah already had sent search parties to look for Dawn. Jeremiah keep blaming himself about no having enough guards.

"Jeremiah, it was not your fault. How could you have known?" I said softly as we made a pit stop. "It was, it I just insisted on keeping Dawn with my Son, it might never had happened. I was just too sure, that she is secured only if I was not too confident and checked on her like I do every other night she was here."

"I am responsible for her safety and I failed you again for the second time. I failed you as a friend as a family as a protector" Jeremiah said. Eldora softly rubbed his shoulders. Victor was so silent. I don't know what is going in his mind. He was just driving. He stopped at the pit stop and softly he opened my gate. He softly held my hand and he said "We will make a pit stop here"

We entered in our room and I asked him "Are you alright Victor?" He held me tightly against him in his arms and tears begin to flow from his eyes. "I miss her, I miss my dawn, I want her back. I want her to be with her again, to sing her lullaby every night, to hold her close to me. To hear her laugh, to see her smile." I softly wiped his tears. "Don't you think anything about it Victor." I said. "It will be alright we will be fine" I added.

He placed his head on my lap. I slowly stroked his hairs. "I don't know if I can ever become a good father. I don't have anything to prove it to everyone, my little girl, to you. I am just a useless person." He said crying. I am feeling the guilt, his helplessness, his anger, his frustration. "Oh victor, it will be alright baby. It is not your fault."

It is no one's but mine. I am the one responsible for my mistakes and I am going to make sure that I take back what is mine no matter what is the cost. I saw Victor sleeping peacefully. I took the piece of paper from his things and kissed his forehead. It started with me and it will end with me. I am sorry Love but I have to take matters in my own hands. I have to. Because I cannot lose you too. I cannot allow it.

I left a letter for Victor and looked at him. I hope he doesn't do anything foolish and tries to track me. "I love you always Mon Amore" I said before walking out of the room. Waiting for me outside in car was Jeremiah. I almost stopped after looking at him.

"Jer..." he held his hand up. "I knew you were going to do something foolish. You forgot the I do not know only every inch of your body, I remember every bit of your soul and understand every corner of your heart. I knew you will try this kind of foolish thing." He said getting out of the car.

Someone hold me from behind. I was engulfed with musk and woodsy smell. Victor. His nose ran along my neck sending shivers down my spine. "Mon Amore, trying to run away from me?" He asked. "n...No..." I shuttered.

 "Get in the car, get Eldora, I received a distress signal from my dad, and I think he is on to something. We must reach there before sunrise. I will deal with you mate once I reach there" He said.

I stiffen in fear, it had been months since Victor talked to me in that tone and it still send chills down my spine. Once Eldora came out with her daughter, we were on the door again. This time Jeremiah was driving because Victor was gripping my hand tightly. He didn't left it since we have left the hotel. He looked tired.

Once we entered the castle grounds he didn't wait for Jeremiah and Eldora. He picked me up and walked inside and straight towards his room. He threw me on the bed and locked the Door. "Victor..." He looked at me with black soulless eyes. 

"Don't just don't, what you think of yourself? What you think that you want me to become mate less again? Have you ever thought about consequences? Have you?" He asked.

"No, I... I didn't meant to..." I said. He locked the door and hovered over me. "You didn't meant to?" His tone is anything but friendly. He was angry. "Victor please calm down." I said. 

He held me tightly. And then he pushed me onto the bed hard. He tore my cloths off my body. His claws lengthen. They dug into the bed. And pushed himself further into me.

I was bruised, and I was in pain. Victor was crying now. I cannot see him like this, I cannot. "Victor please, punish me but don't blame yourself." From past twenty minutes he was sitting that way. His back was marked with whip lashes, I wanted to ask him about it, there was nothing on his back before, before he tried to kill me for the first time. I wondered what happened.

I touched his back and he stiffen visibly. "How you got all these?" I asked. "I got them myself, you don't know how it feels to see your loved almost dead before your eyes, not once but twice. You don't know how much I love you right now, I cannot bear to lose you. I will be gone too if you" I put a finger on his lips.

"Don't, don't you dare complete that sentence. I don't want anyone to die for me or with me. I want you to live, I want you to live and watch this world for me. I love you so much. You don't know how much I love you Victor." I said. 

"Then if you are saying so, think how much it must be hurting me, you know right it is not bond, it is our love that connects us, and I cannot lose you Mon Amore. No matter what you say."

He softly kissed my forehead. "I cannot loose you ever my mate, so whatever happens we will be together into this, we will be together no matter what." He said. "Ok Victor, if you say so" I said and he kissed me again.

Word Count: 1433 Words