Chapter 21

The morning rays filtered through my window and I saw a warm body snuggling close to mine, coiling around me like a vine. I saw victor's black hairs swept across the bed and it looks kind of messy. He was naked from waist above and down black sheets were covering his body.

 I had this strange urge to sweep my fingers through his hairs. Last night I almost thought I had lost him. He was making strange noises in his sleep. It woke me up in middle of the night.

I saw something extraordinary, he was shifting in his sleep from man to wolf and back to man again. And the thing is he was glowing literally. I don't know why it was happening, and it seems like he was moaning in his sleep. Was he in pain from constant shifts? I walked inside his room and slowly shook him up. His nails dug into my wrist making it burn and blood trickle down my arm. I almost cried.

But then I tried again, tried to wake him up. When he did his eyes were golden. His nails were extended in claws and it was still embedded in my wrist. He looked at it and turned to looked at me with guilty eyes. "I had hurt you again My Luna" He said.

 "It was not your fault, your were dreaming." I softly stroked his hairs. He pulled my wrist gently towards him and slowly ran his tongue along my wound licking it clean. Then he bandaged it properly. "Sleep beside me, I will not have any nightmares when you will be beside me"

And that is how I ended up here in his room, and him coiling around me like vine. I looked at my still bandaged wrist. "You look beautiful in morning, I am so lucky to see you like this you Mon Amore" Victor said in a horse, raspy morning voice. Then his eyes landed on my wrist and he pulled it towards himself. He looked at it and guilt covered all his features. 

"I am sorry, I hurt you again". I pulled my hand back from his grasp. "I am all right Alpha Victor no harm done" I said. He pulled my hands towards him again and removed the bandage. And then licked the wound clean, he stood up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom. That was my cue to leave.

He came back with fresh set of bandages. And then he bandaged my wrist again. "It shall be alright, may take few days but it will be alright.". I held his hand and he looked at me. "Want to talk about it?" I asked. He shook his head in no, "There is no reason I want to burden you with my problems Mon Amore. No reason." I shied and let go of his hand.

 It is not my place to force him into telling me. "If you want to talk you will know where to find me." I told him and he nodded. That didn't actually end as I supposed it to. But I cannot force him into telling me something he don't want to. That would be immoral and immature. And beside I am his nothing, no matter what he says if he found his second chance mate, the mate pull would be too much to resist anyway. It is only a matter of time.

I was afraid that I am becoming dependent on him. Last few days I am here Victor is acting so much lovey dovey, he is fulfilling my wishes and Dante's without even me asking him to. Every day he takes Dante to his court room. He even had made a small crown for him and he told me that he will initiate him as his heir and next alpha prince if he had my permission. But I don't know if it would be wise. Right now I am getting ready for another casual outing, ads he calls it. He is too chicken to call it a date, or asking me out properly.

I walked downstairs and looked at him. He looked good in his casual wear, a signature leather jacket, dark ripped skinny jeans that hung dangerously low on his hips and a pale blue shirt, which he opened the top buttons of, causing to show little bit of his tanned chest. His hairs were messy, as if he just got out of the bed, but all over he looks hot. 

Too hot, why on earth he has to be mouth-wateringly handsome. He looked at me and caught me checking him out. I averted my gaze quickly and I felt burning under my skin, surely I look like a fire truck now. Red.

And then I heard it the laugh. His laugh, he was laughing at something, not at someone. Wait he is laughing at me. "You are too adorable for your own good." He took my hand and kissed it. "shall we madam?" He asked. "Dante?" I asked. "He is enjoying company of my aunt Amara, and she wished to meet you. I think she may be able to tell us about your powers." Do I want to know what kind of freak I am? No definitely not.

 I do not wish to know what kind of freak nature had made me. As if sensing my hesitation he pulled my chin up so I was looking at his grey eyes. "I will be there, you are not alone anymore. I will be with you That is a promise to you" He kissed my forehead before we proceeded outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "A small picnic setup for us" He said softly. He was just looking at me waiting for my answer for my reaction. "It will be nice, the picnic I mean." I mumbled and he smiled. A full-fledged smile, and it is dazzling. Too much dazzling. How did I get so Lucky? How did I get so much Lucky?

"This way" He said leading me towards the clearing that lead to the water fall, where lied the cave from which I first entered this place. Old memories resurfaced inside my mind. The painful memories which I pushed so far back started to dwell in front of my mind. I don't know what happened next because he was carrying me in his arms tucking me securely. I felt safe, I felt secure. It is like nothing ever can harm me.

 "You are shivering badly, I guess no happy memories inside your mind." How right he is. He placed me on something soft. It was a picnic. A basket was set up in middle of a fluffy blanket. The blanket itself was laden on soft grass of the meadow. And a bucket with chilled wine and glasses were placed over it too.

"Not much but something you may like." He said sitting beside me. I shivered as a cold wind gushed past me. He opened his leather jacket and placed it on my shoulder. "Are you alright Mon Amore? Are you feeling alright?" He asked. I nodded.

 "It's a little bit chilly nothing more" I said softly. "Keep the Jacket on. You might catch a cold" He warned. Same old Victor, Bossy. "You think I am Bossy?" He asked placing a bunch of grapes and cheese on a small paper plate. Also, it had a light salad. Another few things also were present. All I saw was how carefully he unpacked all of them.

"Here this should warm you up" he said handling me a glass of wine. "Are you not cold?" I asked. "No, I don't feel much cold. Remember werewolf gene, It might be something good right" he joked then he looked at me and his eyes soften. 

"Come here" He opened his arms as another shiver passed through me. I reluctantly walked into it and he put his arms around me so that I was sitting on his lap. "Can you feel it now? My heat?" He asked and I nodded. Not only heat through his thin shirt I can feel every muscle on his body. And It felt good against my back.

As we walked towards the house hand his hand his coat was still draped over me. His arms were constantly rubbing my shoulders. Sometimes I wonder how can a person change so much? He had turned almost one hundred and eighty degree. 

nce we reach his house, he unlocked the door and gestured me to come inside. I walked in and he walked in after me. He then suddenly turned around and held my hands above my body pinning me to the wall.

"I know I had promised to stay away Mon Amore but right now I cannot keep this right now" I didn't know what he was talking about. He slowly kissed my cheek then turned around cursing loudly. When I softly placed my hand over his shoulder I saw the sight I never thought I would have see ever at least not from Victor. He was crying.

Word Count: 1521 Words