23. (ii)

Don't forget to read the previous part

===========
Continuing....
===========

'Anzala you have to control your feelings, it's an unjust act.' My subconscious said and I again lower my gaze but Maizah's beauty had been trying to pull a fast one on my senses and I was trying to control myself so I decided to go away from her.

I made myself stand from the floor and moved towards the window of the room.

"What happened?" she asked me, and I shook my head.

"You continue, I'll rejoin in a few moments." trying to avoid eye contact I state and she nodded while placing her dupatta back on her shoulder then again bowed her head down towards the books.

I open the window and lean my back towards its corner or the wall. I was free to stare outside and thinking about what I was feeling, but the problem was pretty big...

But What was my problem?

I was trying to understand exactly the thing which was making me restless but I didn't have any name for that problem!

'I don't know anything but I know one thing very clearly that I love Muskan only Muskan...' I said to myself and my gaze went to Maizah who was  busy rolling her hair lock on her finger while reading something and my lips converted into an upward curve.

'It's morally wrong!' Making me feel guilty my soul scolded me and my smile again dropped down

Anzala, Maizah you are husband and wife...

Suddenly those words started ringing in my head which Dada abbu said to us when we were talking about divorce

'Yes she is my wife, so I can stare at her as much as I want' . Suddenly I listen to a voice from the depth of my heart and look at her with a smile, crossing my arms on my chest. I was watching her regularly without blinking. I was remembering the days of our childhood, how we all used to play together. I still remember that on my 7th birthday the whole Rizwi Mansion was decorated with fairy lights but that decoration wasn't specially for my birthday, but for Maizah's birthday. No one removed those decorations because there were only thirteen days in my birthday. For our family our birthdays weren't less than any festival. When I opened my gifts after the birthday party was over I started crying because I got a big and beautiful dollhouse from my phuppo Jaan.

After listening my crying voice everyone got to know about the matter but the first one was this chudail who came to me and told me that I could take the Hungry Hippos Game board which she got from phuppo, as well as keep that doll house too. But then phuppo said that maybe due to the same packing she exchanged our gifts. But this chudail promised me that she will share her every toy with me, she was the only one who was trying to hush me otherwise all the others were laughing and making my fun to get a dollhouse as birthday gift. That's been many years but I still remember those days.

'wait' my subconscious said and my smile become big

'She was so chubby and now only god knows how she became just perfect in  shape?' That was a question which my subconscious asked me and I was answerless but sometimes being answerless is also enjoyable, right then I was in the same situation. I didn't know where my mind was at that time.

"Anzala, Maizah" I came out of my trance when a voice fall in my ears, chhoti Ammi was standing on the door of my room holding a water bottle, looking at me in disbelieve

Maybe choti Ammi catches me watching Maizah, that sworn realisation hit my heart which was enough to make me nervous, I was cursing myself to gazing at Maizah without even blinking.