40.

Anzala's POV

A hand was continuously stroking my head, which made my slumber weak, I opened my eyes and a blur smile was visible in front of my eyes.

"Ammi" I mumbled and she nodded.

"Wake up, it's already morning" She said lovingly just like before. I was craving for that love since three months. Those three months were like hell for me which took away the love of my family, but at the same time those three months were like a blessing for me which gave me the chance to understand my love towards my chudail.

"How is your pain now?" Ammi asked and I made myself sat on sofa

"How do you know?" I asked confused

"Maa hu tumhari, tumse naraz hu Iska matlab ye nahi hai ki tumhari fikr nahi hai mujhe." Ammi said while sitting besides me and I smiled

(I'm your mother, I was angry with you but it doesn't mean that I stopped to care about you)

"Ammi I'm feeling a bit better, yesterday Maizah gave me painkiller and s...."

"I know.. I was watching her from stairs." Ammi informed me and was shocked to know. All Thanks to Allah, yesterday when Maizah was applying ointment on my foot, I wanted to kiss her forehead but I was stopped by an unknown reason, otherwise Ammi would think something negative about us.

"Why are you waking up so early?" I asked because that was five of morning.

"I just come here to check you" She said and I nodded with a smile.

"Are you ready to go with Naail? You have to go with him for shopping, it's a big responsibility" Ammi said while caressing my head and I was angry.

"Ammi I'll not attend any function of this marriage, I'll stay in my room all the time" I state and Ammi give me a disappointed look

"It's your sister's wedding, how it is possible Anzala?"

"Abbu should think about it, I know it's my sister's wedding but he himself told that I won't do any work, so I'll not even attend any function" I state with stubbornness and Ammi slightly glare me.

"Don't show your stubbornness to me. You were on fault, admid this and ask for forgiveness. One shouldn't be shameful in admitting own mistakes. If you did wrong then admit it and make sure that you won't repeat the same" This time Ammi said in soft voice, her tone was clearly addressing the advice for me but I rolled my eyes bitterly looking at her.

"Really Ammi? Do few words of apology can make everything fine?" I asked in sarcastic tone because they all weren't admitting their mistake and giving punishment to Maizah and me for The Sin We Never Committed but Ammi didn't get the real intention behind  my question and shook her head with a smile while caressing my head.

"Anzala beta one shouldn't bring their ego in between to admit their faults, It's true that your simple apology won't make everything fine but at least you will show your regrets through those words." Ammi said and I passed a half smile.

"Thanks Ammi for telling me all these things" I said and she smiled 'one day I'll make you remember this' I promise to myself and closed my eyes while resting my head backwards.

==================

"How are you now?" Mazi asked and I just nodded because I was busy in having my breakfast, she took her usual seat. Just in front of me.

Everyone was asking me about my condition since morning excluding Abbu

"Anzala come on.. I told you something" Ammi said and placed a glass full of apple juice in front of me. But I didn't apologise

"Anzala" that was a quite disappointed tone from my Ammi and I looked at everyone's gaze fixed on me.

"Abbu I'm sorry" I said just like a formality and abbu glare me.

"Rashid it's enough now. He didn't gave wrong spelling intentionally, he is apologing it's enough" Dada abbu said and Abbu sighed.

"Abbu ji you are spoiling them" Abbu complaint to dada abbu and he chucked.

"When You will become grandfather you will also spoil your grandchildren in the same way" Dada abbu said and I looked at Maizah, who suddenly chocked on the juice she was sipping. In no time she turned red due to shyness, and an Unknow feeling pulled the left corner of my lips in a smirk. Chhote abbu and Adnaan were caressing back and I was only watching her.

"Maizah are you fine?" everyone asked and she nodded while coughing lightly, but when my gaze met with her she looked away and for the first time I felt her hesitate while meeting eyes with me. I was smirking in my mind that my Tigress too feels hesitant.

"Be careful from next time" Abbu said to Maizah when she become better than before

"Okay bade abbu" she mouthed and abbu looked at me.

"I'm saying the same to you too, be careful while doing anything" Abbu scolded me and I nodded without meeting my gaze with him

"Bhai sahab, he will not be careless from now onwards... Am I right Anzala?" Chhote abbu said the first part to abbu and asked the last part to me and I nodded on that.

"It means now my brother will attend every function of my marriage?" Rumi aapi asked while pulling my cheek lovingly and I nodded with a smile after pulling her cheek as a return gift.

"Yes I'll" I said with happiness and she sighed while placing her hand on her heart then, cupping her hands she lift them upwards while mumbling

"Ya Allah tera shukar mera bhai meri shadi attend krega"

(Thank God that my brother will attend my marriage)
we all were looking at her with surprised expression and I smiled on her words, but suddenly

"Warna mujhe tention ho rahi thi ki mehmano ke chai nashte ke liye koi helper rakhna padega"

( otherwise i was supposed to hire some domestic help to take care of guests)

Everyone burst into laugher and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going college.. Are you coming?" Maizah said while standing up from her place and asked me the last part.

"I'll take rest" I said and she rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, it's just a small bruise don't miss college" She ordered me and I sighed.

"I can't ride on bike." I said because I wanted to bunk college but my chudail was mad

"Rumi aapi, can I take you scooty? Please please" Maizah requested and Rumi aapi nodded in agreement.

"I'll ride scooty and you sit next to me." saying that Maizah scoot to Rumi aapi's room and in no time I found myself behind her on scooty. She was wearing helmet but her freely falling hair were flying in air and striking with my face every moment, her fresh lavender fragrance was hitting the sense particles of my nose. I intentionally took long breath to feel that fragrance and a fresh sensation run across my frame. She stopped the scooty on red-light and I slowly placed my both hands on her waist, she literally jumped on her place but turned her head towards me with wide eyes. "Anzala" making her eyes more big she said in disbelieve but I smirked.

"Yes Mrs. MAIZAH ANZALA RIZWI!" gliding my both hands around her waist I whispered in her ears.

"Leave me" She tried to struggle but I was holding her tightly

"Never" I whispered again in her ear.

"Anzala please!" she was again struggling

"On one condition... First tell me what had made you choke on your juice?" I listened a gasp leaving from her mouth.

"N.. Nothing.. I.. Was... I don't know how..." She stammered.

"Ohh.. It was just an accident!" I asked like a question and she nodded

"But I thought you choked when Dada abbu said to abbu about his grandchildren" I whispered to tease her but she ignored and restart the scooty.

=================

_Naaz Jamal