Chapter 13 Part 2

Skyler

Skyler

The past week I ignored Shane. He tried to approach me a few times but I avoided him. Today was the day of the Gala. The day when Shane officially takes over. I was laying on my bed when he yells my name from downstairs.
"Skyler..."

"Coming," I yell back and go downstairs to see him talking to some woman. She was fair and had brown curly hair. She was a little shorter than me and she was pretty."Why are you screaming out my name so loud?"

"Emma is here. She is here to dress you." Tyler told me about Emma, her cousin. She looks at me and whispers something in his ear and Shane smiles."We don't have much time. Let's get you ready already."

I take her upstairs in my room."Let me take you to my room."

"Don't you have to go too?" She must go right. The entire family is invited but she wasn't ready for the occasion.

"I will make an appearance for the sake of it. I hate being in such events. Just because Shane is going to officially take over. I will come."

Just like me but then I never got a chance to attend an event like a Gala. The biggest event I might have gone to must be Will's birthday party at high school and it went badly."This is my first time at an event like this. I am nervous."

"Confidence is the key. You are beautiful and you will stand out and why worry when I am here."
I smile at her comment. She had this positive vibe which made me a little less nervous than I was.

"That's the smile we need. Now moving on. I have two outfits for you."

Emma showed me both the dresses and I I was confused between the two but I liked the second one. I don't why the thought that Shane will love it when I wear this came across my mind. Also, Emma told me it was designed by Shane.

"Both of them are great but I like the second one the most. You are great. You work in fashion too but I never saw you in Blitz."

"It's because I am in charge of the other branch of The Blitz." She said. Oh! I didn't know that. I should have. She is practically my boss now."I didn't know that you were in charge."

"It's fine. Now let's get you all glammed up." Emma started with my hairstyle and did my makeup. I told her I am not fond of make-up and did it exactly how I liked it. Then I put on my dress. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was in awe. I looked beautiful. I didn't imagine myself looking like this when I saw the dress. The hair, the makeup, and everything. It was perfect.