Chapter 12

Skyler

Skyler

I ate leftover pizza for dinner and watched television to pass my time but whatever I tried. My mind wandered off to Shane of what he must be doing. I look at the time and it was past midnight and my phone rang. I hoped it was Shane but it was Tyler."Hello, Tyler."

"Am I disturbing you this late?"

"Not at all. I was awake actually. What's up?"

"Yeah. There is this Gala hosted by my parents this Saturday. It's the Blitz's annual Gala. My grandfather used to host it and then it passed on to my parents. This Gala he will announce his retirement and hand over to Shane."

"That's great. I heard about it in the office. What about it? Do I have to prepare something or plan something?" The Gala. I know very well the Blitz Gala. Celebrities attend it and there are many other famous personalities. I remember watching it over the TV and dreaming of going one day.

"No. I need a date so I was wondering if you would accompany me." I was surprised that he asked me. Tyler was a charming and cheerful guy. There are a lot of girls who are waiting for this opportunity.

"I am sure there is a list of girls who would die to go with you, Tyler then why me?"

"You can't deny we have fun together. We are the best of friends. We can give each other company and I am sure we will have fun. Pretty please." Tyler is a nice guy. He has always been by my side since the beginning and with Shane, I don't know what's going on in that mind of his. Shane will be there too with that girl from today if she is his girlfriend. I should use this opportunity to make him jealous. "I would love too."

"Great, Emma will come by to help you get ready."

"That's unnecessary."

"It's the Blitz Gala. You have to look fabulous and since you are my date, You have to stand out. Don't worry. Emma is my cousin. She is great at this."I giggle at his statement and I knew I would have a nice time with Tyler. It would a great time off. I think I need this break.
"Alright.Good night."

"I will be looking forward to it. Good night." After Tyler hanged up. I took a look at the clock. It was 1 o'clock and he was still not home. Then I heard the jingling of the keys as he entered inside.

He took off his coat and placed it on the couch. He was surprised to see me awake."You are still awake."

"Oh yes."

"Is there any problem?" He asked taking a seat beside me. My mind was betraying me with him this close but I can't break character.
"No, why do you think so?"

"You left office without telling me anything and then you don't pick my calls and leave a message and after which you left my message on seen."
So what do you expect me to do? Greet and meet your girlfriend and be the third wheel between you two while you enjoy. No.
"I wasn't feeling too well."