Chapter 13

Shane

Shane

The past week went by quickly and the day was finally here when I officially become the CEO of Blitz. I didn't imagine myself to be where I am right now. Taking over Dad was never my dream but as and when I grew up and seeing dad work inspired me and here I am.

I was waiting for it so eagerly. I wanted to talk to Skyler. I was swamped with work and she was avoiding me this past week. I still don't know why. I was going to get ready when the doorbell rang and I opened the door.

"Emma. Long time no see."
I hug Emma. She was Uncle Allan and Aunt Faith's daughter. She also had a twin brother Ethan. She rolls her eyes telling the obvious. "You moved out Shane and work is your first love. You don't have time neither do I."

I laugh at that statement but things may have changed a little.
"Now what brings you here?"

"Tyler sent me here to help her date out."

"Oh! She is upstairs." I call out for her "Skyler..." and then turn to Emma to talk with her.
"Coming."

Everyone in my family knows me and I was the eldest child in the family. I was close to all of them but then I moved out and everyone got busy with their work. We all drew apart but if there is an emergency we come rushing to help. Emma was in charge of the other branch of The Blitz. Not because of the family but for her merit. She says "You never allow anyone to your house. She must be really special."

I nod my head smiling."Oh yeah. She is. I will tell you everything in detail."

Skyler comes down the stairs in her PJ's and she looked pissed. I have to know why she is acting this way."Why are you screaming out my name so loud?"

"Emma is here. She is here to dress you." I introduce her to Emma and
Emma whispers in my ear in a way it's audible to me."She is beautiful."
I can't even tell how much.

"We don't have much time. Let's get you ready already." Emma says and Skyler takes her to her room.
"Let me take you to my room."

I start getting reading. My suit was here all cleaned up and iron. I took a shower and put on my suit. The event had a theme of Black and Gold.
So I decided to go in a black suit.
I wear my watch and put on some perfume. I set my hair and I was ready. I went downstairs and strolling across the hall. I was nervous. Two things took over my thoughts. Skyler and the event.

Then I heard the doorbell. I opened the door and it was Tyler in a black suit with a gold tie. It was a rare sight to see Tyler in a suit. He prefers wearing casual."You are here."

"Yes. You look great, Shane. Are you ready?" Tyler says. We both share a hug and I smiled."I have been waiting since forever."