Chapter 3

Skyler

Skyler

It's been a month since I got hired here and Shane challenged me. He is making every possible effort to make me resign. He gave me never-ending tasks and I ended up working overtime.

If that wasn't all he calls me early in the morning and that in turn made me exhausted because I wasn't getting enough sleep. You may be wondering everyone with jobs does it but transferring hundreds of files two floors down via the stairs and making almost five to six cups of coffee a day and sending me back again to reheat it because it isn't that hot and how he wants it to be.

Also how he calls me to his cabin making almost twenty rounds to his office and then he forgets what he called me for is not what everyone signs up for.

I need this job and the pay is good. Whatever he does I will bear up to it because it wasn't just my desperate need for a job but it was also the challenge I accepted. I am not going to let him win.

I wanted to prove his arrogant cocky side wrong and that you can't always win.

On the other hand, Tyler was the exact opposite of Shane. I bonded with him fast and he is the only person here I can rely on. He was the cooler one and way better than Shane. He was friendly and helped me with my work. He also brought me coffee and food when I was doing work during lunch breaks.

He was nice. Shane can be good-looking but that doesn't explain his rude behavior. I am always wondering how two brothers can be so different at the same time and Tyler is always trying to convince me that Shane is not what he shows and that I should give him time. He will come around. I hope this is true.

"Take this key and sort the files of the last three months." He says not taking his eyes from his computer.
I roll my eyes and take the key placed on the table."Ok, sir."

I go downstairs into the archive room and open the door with the key. This place is so closed up. There are no windows. 

I kept the door open and place a ladder to take the files. Ugh. Where the hell is this file and this ladder is so shaky. I climb up the ladder carefully looking for the file Shane asked for.

I felt a little suffocated because this archive room had no windows and I feel suffocated in closed places like this. I was claustrophobic.

I take out some of the files and checked them. I take out one and put it back in its place. Why I am not getting this file?

"Skyler..." I heard a voice and I knew who it was.

"Sir." I slipped as soon as I saw him. I wasn't expecting him to be here and I was caught off guard. Before I fall he comes in time and gets a hold of me.

"Careful." He whispers. He holds me tight in time and I get a hold of him by putting my hands around his neck. After I was done being startled by my clumsiness. I noticed how close our faces were.