Chapter 34

Skyler

Skyler

"Well, you are not good at hiding. You can drop your act. I know you."
I spat in anger at the covered man trapped between me and the wall.

"I am sorry. I think you have mistaken me for someone else."
Of course, he will deny it. I just caught him red-handed yet he tries to prove me wrong and talks in a high-pitched voice, coughing at every statement he says. He thinks he can fool me with that. I would notice him even if he covers his entire face. I recognized him as soon as I see those hazel eyes and I can't be wrong recognizing them.

I take off the muffler from his face after taking off his cap. He lowers his gaze away from me. I could see he was embarrassed as he didn't think he would be caught. I sarcastically laughed."Oh, I am sorry. Are you not THE SHANE SMITH?"

He stood there silently with his eyes facing the ground trying to not meet mine. He didn't have any explanation about him following me here. He was busted and no lie could save him. "Cat caught your tongue. Don't tell me. It's a mere coincidence that you decide to visit Switzerland at the same time as me and also choose the same hotel as me where I decide to stay or do you have a meeting with a client. Tell me."

He tries to think of something. "I...Uhm..." But couldn't think of anything. I lift his chin to meet his gaze and found myself getting lost in them. Those dark brown eyes. It resembled the warmth of the sun as his eyes were a hue of dark brown soil. I found him doing the same as his gaze studied me. I was admiring him. His big eyelashes, his well-framed face, and those lips. For a second I wanted to forget he was married and that we were no longer together and slam my lips on his. Okay, this isn't the time.

I question him. "Why are you following me? You are married now. It doesn't suit you."

He lies."I am here with Bryon. I didn't know you were going to be here too and about the hotel. My father is friends with the manager."
He knew whatever he will say would be a waste because I am not going to believe any of them.
"Stop it. I know you knew I was going to be here."

"Let me go. Bryon must be looking for me and I arrived here before you so I should be the one asking Are you following me?" He tries to go away but I pull him back in.

He resisted at first and damn he is strong but then he gave up as I trapped him in my arms. His height overpowering me as I looked up at him.

I took a deep breath. I wanted to talk to him. There are a few things that need to be settled now. Things left unsaid. It was necessary and whether he likes it or not. He will have to listen to what I have to say.